Position at ILMxLAB
We are looking for an artist who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence and immersive storytelling that defines ILMxLAB.
The Junior Animator creates high-quality animation of 3D characters, weapons, vehicles, and cameras for both gameplay and cinematic sequences.
What You'll Do
• Creates high-quality gameplay and cinematic animation using hand-key animation and motion capture data based on direction from Supervisors and other leads.
• Develop technical proficiency in character-set up, animation techniques, and AI behavior in order to create work that integrates successfully and reads clearly in-game
• Assist in mo-cap shooting sessions with asset prep, choreography, shot/motion list etc.
• Establish a solid understanding of the existing tools and pipelines
• Troubleshoot and solve issues with animator shot files as the need arises
• Playtest and report any potential animation-related issues to the supervisors and team leads
• Stay up to date on the latest animation techniques to improve tools and/or maximize efficiency
• Other related duties as assigned
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent 2+ years experience as an animator (or equivalent) in games, TV/Film/VFX, or a related field
• Strong acting and storytelling skills along with a clear understanding of animation principles, anatomy and motion
• Ability to portray believable physical movement and performance of 3D characters
• Experience with Maya, Unreal Engine, and the implementation of animation in the game engine
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
• Clear communication and collaboration skills
• Ability to take direction/feedback as well as adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Bonus points for:
• One or more shipped games
• Proficiency with Linux
• Experience with Motion capture data
• Knowledge of rigging, scripting (Python, Mel), and video editing
*A portfolio / reel submission - including a detailed breakdown of your work in each section - is required with all artist applications*
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnp193-34-204-174-110-42 in your application.