Motion Capture Supervisor
Position at Industrial Light & Magic
With an emphasis on proportion, form, detail, and functionality, the hard surface modeler creates three dimensional objects to be painted, animated and used in a production. Examples include vehicles and props.
What You'll Do
• Creates three-dimensional hard surface models like mechanical objects, environments, and props for the Animator, Painter, and Technical Director. Employs specific software tools to build the geometric structure of the object and ensures that the model will satisfy the requirements of the production
• In building an object, the modeler must incorporate technical expertise, artistic ability, an understanding of mechanisms, and a basic comprehension of animation
• Works with the production team (Sr. Modeler, Technical Directors, Painters and Animators) to determine the ''look'' for an object
• Builds the geometry of computer graphic models, with an understanding of how the geometry will be used in the production process
• Performs other tasks related to the creation of computer-generated animation
What We're Looking For
• Bachelor's degree in Architectural/Industrial Design or equivalent having gained a strong sense of surface development, proportion, and mechanical functionality. Traditional model building a plus
• At least 5 years' polygon/subd modeling experience. Knowledge of Linux is a necessity to navigate through ILM's production pipeline
• Required Skills/Competencies
• Proven experience creating inorganic objects in a feature film or production environment
• Requires familiarity with film and video post-production techniques and with computer graphic techniques
• Knowledge of 3D programs such as Maya, Modo, Mudbox, or Zbrush
• Texture painting and UV layout experience desirable
• Sketching, drawing, painting and design skills desirable
• Experimentation with animation or advanced rendering a plus
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d890o6-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.