Position at Industrial Light & Magic
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's five studios and the global team provides tools and workflow allowing for seamless teamwork on all joint projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking an Effects Technical Director to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Effects Technical Director generates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems for feature film visual effects. They are responsible for lighting, rendering and moderate-level compositing of complex shots with guidance from their supervisors.
• Designs and creates FX animation, procedural simulation, dynamic simulation, particle and fluid systems
• Can set-up and wrangle heavy particle effects
• Solid lighting/rendering ability and working knowledge of Nuke.
• Can animate moderate objects with proficiency.
• Can pick-up new technologies quickly and easily and can debug just about anything.
• Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
Education / Experience
• 3-5+ years production experience or feature film experience with effects simulation work
• Demo reel with breakdown required
Required Skills / Technical Competencies
• Working knowledge of Houdini
• Ability to communicate cross-discipline and provide innovative solutions to pipeline issues.
• Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient troubleshooter.
• Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling and texturing, animation, rendering and compositing
Preferred Skills / Competencies
• Linux and scripting ability in Python
• Expert knowledge of Houdini and proficient in VEX
• Good knowledge of Mantra, including setting up and writing shaders
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmk393-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.