San Francisco, CA
Digital Asset Technical Assistant (Project Hire)
We are looking for a Digital Asset – Technical Assistant who reflects the innovative spirit, creative talent, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define Lucasfilm.
The primary role of the Digital Asset Technical Assistant is to assist the Digital Asset Director in the planning, creation, evaluation and distribution of high-quality digital assets for use within company projects. The Digital Asset Technical Assistant will be responsible for a wide variety of the preparatory, planning and review stages of asset development to ensure a high level of productivity is maintained from interpretation of 2D design through final lighting. This work is to support efficient asset production and successful asset sharing between studios and vendors associated with the company projects.
Asset Pipeline Support
• Review and provide supporting renders of final delivered assets to confirm the file matches the images approved in dailies.
• Review final delivered assets to ensure they meet the show asset specification and adherence to basic best practices.
• Produce documentation, imagery and supporting text to communicate asset quality issues that require remediation during the asset build process
Asset Builds and Maintenance for Story Department Needs
• Create story rigs for use by the Story team.
• Model, texture and rig simple assets for use in the show.
• Aid in ensuring parity between assets used in Story and those being built by the vendors.
Additional Asset Department Support
• Prepare supporting asset material for use in the Story Kickoff and other asset-related meetings.
• Bachelor's degree in related Art and Design field including Architecture, Industrial Design, Digital Media or equivalent professional experience.
• 0 - 2 years in animation, visual effects or video game production with emphasis on creation of 3D models for CG animation.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Maya and strong understanding of standard CG asset building methodologies.
• Solid modeling, texturing and rigging experience.
• Proficiency in Linux.
• Experience with industry standard 3D and animation software/tools.
• Strong sense of asset development, aesthetics and functionality.
• Proven experience working in an established production pipeline.
• Detail oriented and strong self-sufficient troubleshooter.
• Able to create detailed documentation explaining issues related to asset quality.
• Substance Painter and Designer experience a plus.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Good communication skills, able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers.
• Self-starter, energetic, and able to prioritize workload.
• Team player that strives to maximize team and department performance.
• Detail oriented, highly organized and able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner.
Lucasfilm is a global leader in film, television and digital entertainment production. In addition to its motion-picture and television production, the company's activities include visual effects, audio post-production and cutting-edge digital animation, interactive entertainment software, and the management of the global merchandising activities for its entertainment properties including the legendary STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES franchises. Lucasfilm Ltd. is headquartered in northern California.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
Lucasfilm is among the world’s leading entertainment service companies, a pioneer in visual effects and sound across multiple mediums, and is home to the legendary Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.