Position at Industrial Light & Magic
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
ILM opened its Sydney studio in the summer of 2019. The youngest of all of the ILM studios, the Sydney studio leverages the expertise and technological know-how developed over 40 years at Industrial Light & Magic combined with the top artists and technicians in the region. Knowledge and culture flow freely between the company's five studios and the global team shares tools and workflow allowing for seamless collaboration on all shared projects.
As we grow ILM Sydney, we are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist to join the team and be a part of this exciting opportunity.
The Desktop Support Specialist provides high-performance operations support in a startup user environment. The position focuses on troubleshoot, research, diagnose, document, and resolve technical issues surrounding Windows, SCCM, Centos Linux, MAC OSX, VMware, MS Office, e-mail, Internet connections, and hardware/peripherals IT systems and support their users in an efficient, professional, courteous, and prompt manner.
We are looking for a team member who reflects the innovative spirit, production excellence, collaborative mindset and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
On any given day, you might…;
• Efficient installation, configuration, troubleshooting and repair of hardware and software in Linux and Windows environments.
• Manage end user expectations and systems issues using technical and client service skills.
• Act as the first point of contact for staff support requests and escalate as necessary.
• Manage the fundamentals of IT security protocol (account administration, etc.)
• Properly integrate devices such as printers, scanners, and digitizing tablets with Linux, Macintosh and Windows systems.
Here are the skills and experience you need to be successful in this role:
• Excellent understanding of technology and the role of the client in relation to the larger IT infrastructure.
• Strong skills in Linux operating systems (CentOS primarily) and/or Macintosh operating system (OSX). Command line experience required. Remote management and scripting experience helpful.
• Able to communicate in a professional and friendly manner with co-workers and customers.
• Team player that strives to maximize team/department performance.
• Able to manage time effectively, triage and prioritize based on production needs.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22zyy-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.