Position at Industrial Light & Magic
We are looking for Creature FX Artists who reflect the creative talent, production excellence and passion for great filmmaking that define ILM.
The Creature FX Artist is responsible for running hair and cloth simulations, as well as rigid body dynamics on VFX or CG feature projects.
What You'll Do:
• Building simulations set ups
• Run cloth, hair, fur, feather, flesh and rigid body simulations
• Manage communication with the modelling/animation/lighting and rigging departments to continually improve simulations
• Work within Production deadlines
What We're Looking For:
• Working knowledge of simulation concepts
• Experience setting up and running cloth, hair, and muscle simulations in Houdini and/or Maya
• Experience making model corrections for shot finalisation
• Background working in shot work for Creature FX, Tech-Anim or FX
• You probably have 3 or more years experience in VFX, and a interest and aptitude for learning new software and pipeline
• You have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, computer visualization, or computer animation required or related or you have gained that experience by working in our industry.
**FOR US BASED NEW HIRES ONLY:** We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best - entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current US salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired US employees.
• • •
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo28m-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.