Venue: O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire
Reports to: General Manager
Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week, permanent
To assist in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at the Venue. To act as a central point for all relevant parties, furthermore, to disseminate such information to relevant parties both internal and external.
Academy Music Group is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
What it's like to work in the Team?
Our venue assistant is an integral role at our prestigious and internationally renowned West London venue, where our shows and events are as diverse as the individuals within it. The successful candidate will work collaboratively to contribute to our core values of excellence and inclusivity and support optimal team performance and productivity at O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire.
Who you are?
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• Personal Licence holder.
• Live and club music venue management.
• Marketing and promotion of events and club nights.
• Knowledge of the local market
• Line management of staff and contractors.
• Administration and familiar with Excel & Office.
• Finance and cash handling.
• General understanding of the technical requirements of live and club events.
• Experience of working with event promoters both local and nationally.
• Understanding of licensing issues for events.
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• Good communicator.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Attention to detail
• Ability to manage situations with tact and diplomacy
• Can identify problems and develop solutions.
• Enthusiastic about live music and clubs
• Shows confidence in dealing with wide ranging types of situations
• Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
What the role includes?
• To assist all departments of the venue in general administration
• To assist in all aspects of the Operation of the building in relation to events staged at the Venue. To act as a central point for all relevant parties, furthermore to disseminate such information to relevant parties both internal and external.
• To act as Duty Manager for the Venue as agreed in advance with the General Manager and in the absence of the General Manager to assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the venue operation.
• To act as Academy Event rep as agreed in advance with the General Manager to assume such duties as is necessary to ensure the smooth running of the event on behalf of Academy Events.
• Booking local support acts for Academy Events and external promoters and promoting some in-house shows with General Manager's approval.
• To act as administrative support to the General Manager / Assistant General Manager, assisting in the specific daily, weekly and monthly duties as agreed with him / her.
• To act as liaison when requested with any visiting organisations, e.g. rehearsals, film, radio, promoters, furthermore to ensure that any invoices relating to such activity are raised and paid.
• To ensure that the appropriate information in relation to any 'event' is provided to all internal / external staff as required to ensure effective operations.
• To liaise with the Technical Manager and ensure all venue information is available on request and is accurate.
• Liaison with all venue staff, including house management, security, maintenance, cleaners to ensure that the building / business is effective and efficient.
• On the instruction of the 'DPS' to act as 'licensee' to the building and on such occasions to ensure that the venue runs in accordance with its operating plan.
• To undertake any other duties that from time to time may be deemed reasonable.
• The booking of support bands for Academy Events and externally promoted shows if requested.
• Booking of events with General Manager approval to increase business levels
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq5n01-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.