VAT Manager (Part-time)
Company: Live Nation
Location: Farringdon, London
Reports to: Tax Director
Working Hours: Permanent, part-time (24 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the in-house tax team here at Live Nation Entertainment, the world's leading live entertainment business. This is a newly created role, being the first in-house Indirect Tax role for the Group so we're looking for someone who is motivated to take real ownership of indirect tax at LNE.
This role would suit an Indirect tax specialist who is keen to apply their skills and experience within the live music industry. Live Nation Entertainment in the UK incorporates Live Nation UK, Ticketmaster, Festival Republic. Academy Music Group and DF Concerts along with a number of other music promotion businesses.
The position itself will consist of providng VAT/Indirect tax advice and support to business stakeholders across the group as well as the reviewing VAT compliance processes. You'll have involvement with ad hoc projects and the opportunity to take shape the role as you see fit.
What it's like to work in the Team
You will be part of a small friendly team who work in an open and approachable environment. We work together to support each other to achieve. We work closely with a variety of stakeholders at all levels across the group both in the UK and internationally. Each day is different, we enjoy the freedom to figure out things for ourselves and undertake new challenges in an exciting industry.
What we can offer you
Live Nation offers impressive employee benefits including tickets to shows and festivals and unlimited annual leave. The newly opened Farmiloe Building in Farringdon, London is a beautiful office to work in. Staff can enjoy use of arcade games in the basement games room, onsite gym equipment plus fitness and meditation classes. In addition to this, the office has a fully stocked complimentary coffee bar with barista to serve you your favourite coffee as you walk into the office and offers heavily subsidised lunch options. We hold regular staff events in our atrium stage space including hosting speakers and open mic nights to showcase Live Nation employee talent.
Who you are
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• CTA and/or ACA qualification (or equivalent)
• Previous experience working in-house as well as and in practice (desirable)
• International experience a plus
• A knowledge of VAT compliance requirements and processes
• Capable of working independently, but also a team player
• Excellent verbal and communication skills and the ability to explain VAT clearly to non-subject matter experts
• Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office – Excel, Word , Powerpoint
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• A 'can do' attitude essential
• Customer service focused with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to organise and prioritise workloads to work to short lead times and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-tax stakeholders and be a trusted business partner
• Team player
• Proactive and confident , working using own initiative
• Attention to detail
What the role includes
• Provide timely and accurate commercial tax advice for the group on VAT/ Indirect tax matters
• Conduct business reviews to identify opportunities and at the same time to mitigate risk
• To support the group with audits from tax authorities and other external bodies
• Support the finance function with advice on compliance matters
• Assist and support the Tax Director with review of contracts and new business streams to ensure indirect tax is taken into consideration
• To review legislation changes and advise the business on their impact for the group
• Reviewing VAT compliance submissions
• Assist with any ad-hoc projects as required
• Providing VAT training for the group where applicable/needed.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb2yme-44-192-79-149-42 in your application.