Software Engineering - Engineer
Quebec City, QC
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Project Manager who can apply the principles of professional project management to develop our products, tools and service offerings within our complex global organization.
You will have extensive experience of delivering projects in a mixed methodology environment, providing a consistent, reliable service to sponsors, stakeholders, colleagues and the Global PMO Team. In this role you will manage and deliver unique projects by coordinating activities within the project team and you will be able to adapt to different areas of the business to meet demands. You will be considered an expert in project management and will provide advice, coaching and support on all aspects of teamwork, project management, governance and control, methodologies and organization of the business.
You will understand the importance of setting objectives and agreeing a set of key results to demonstrate the success of outcomes and initiatives. Crucially, you will be a great communicator – you'll be able to communicate through metrics, showcases and presentations and tailor messages appropriately for the target audience whether discussing project health with the executive team or presenting at a conference.
The person in this role will have the ability and gravitas to lead, inspire and motivate teams. At Ticketmaster we understand that it is our people and our teams who make us great. You will be a team player who works closely with peers to agree effective strategies for delivering business outcomes. You will ensure team structures support delivery and you will help teams deliver rapidly and safely.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Manage and deliver unique projects and coordinate activities within the project team
• Ability to adapt to different areas of the business to manage and deliver projects where needed
• Knowledgeable and experienced in project management across different functional areas within the business
• Provide advice, coaching and support on all aspects of teamwork, project management, governance and control, methodologies and organization of the business
• Proven experience within the field of Project Management
• Analyze and provide regular status reports that are objective and reflect the true state of progress
• Ensure that projects/programs are executed within specified timeframes and budget in accordance with quality and benefit targets using defined controls, processes and support tools
• Collaborate with teams to identify, log, track and resolve principles of professional project management such as Risk, Issue, Dependency, Decision and Change Management, Resource and Capacity Management and leverage these to improve control and visibility
• Coordinate activities to promote work flow and manage escalations either within the team or to sponsors and executives when needing steer
• Mange the complete lifecycle and facilitate the team to transition from phase to phase
• You will be passionate about continuous improvement and the benefits that formal improvement techniques can bring to the organization
• Champion, maintain and improve PMO best practices to ensure the company and new members of the team are aware of and understand the value in these processes and principles
• Travel to other Ticketmaster offices when needed to support teams, maintain relationships and co-ordinate launch activities
• Provide advice and guidance to new or junior members of the team and provide support to colleagues and managers alike
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Fluent in English with an approach that inspires confidence through verbal, written and presentation skills and delivers clear and concise information tailored for different stakeholders and situations
• Able to build rapport quickly to establish trust, respect and confidence that builds excellent working relationships with colleagues and internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization, and external vendors, to ensure objectives are understood, expectations set and appropriate business engagement is in place throughout the project or program lifecycle
• Excellent facilitation skills to conduct meetings and workshops that encourage attendees to participate and collaborate effectively and efficiently ranging from small ideation sessions, to internal conferences, to formal steering groups
• Facilitate planning with teams to generate and develop plans and roadmaps that provide clarity for the team and sponsors, drawing on a variety of estimation techniques and planning tools
• Ensure the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes and guidelines are understood and adhered too
• An excellent understanding of the Agile and Lean frameworks, with the knowledge and experience to critically analyze current best practices for suitability within Ticketmaster
• Experienced and knowledgeable in Agile and Waterfall methodologies, as well as other forecast and estimation tools and technics
• Qualified in a recognized Project Management methodology (Prince II, PMI, etc)
• Extremely competent in using Microsoft Office, specifically advanced Excel and PowerPoint
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision, while able to provide accountability of progress through regular reporting and communication
• Excellent leadership skills to lead, inspire and motivate cross-functional distributed teams in various international offices
• Able to present with confidence and excel at standing up in front of a room to lead workshops or structured training sessions
• Able to negotiate and understand the value of listening and the power of empathy
• Engender cohesion and trust within the team by focusing on the collective goal, exploring all points of view and support the team in decision making
• Pragmatic in approach and delivery focused where the delivery of value and practical lean processes to the business is the predominant driver
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize tasks and manage expectations
• A self-starter and creative problem-solver with the ability to quickly understand complexities of technology within a business context and who facilitates the team to deliver the best solution against the constraints of time, cost and quality
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbx7k-3-234-244-105-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.