Quebec City, QC
We are looking for a skilled and motivated senior developer to join the core engineering team. This team is leading the tech transformation with a goal of re-platforming business-critical capabilities as a core set of domain-aligned microservices and data streams.
Now is an exciting time to join the team and make a real impact as we work to modernize and globalize our tech platforms. If you are the sort of person that enjoys solving complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced work environment and has the desire to embrace and chart new technological paths forward, this is the role for you.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Be a hands-on senior contributor, working with a distributed team of talented developers to help build our next generation ticketing systems.
• Help improve and mature our engineering practice and also be a guide to other developers on the team.
• Work on key product initiatives that power our core ticketing platforms, deliver business-critical software in an AWS and Kubernetes based cloud infrastructure.
• Design and deliver domain-aligned microservices and data streams with Java SpringBoot and Apache Kafka.
• Build, test and deploy code with continuous integration and continuous delivery using Docker, Gitlab CI/CD and Terraform.
• As part of the Devops team you will have the opportunity to contribute to the stability and scalability of the systems, powering one of the largest ticketing platforms in the world.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• 6+ years of progressive engineering experience, building and scaling cloud-based SaaS products with a deep desire to stay hands-on.
• Strong programming skills in at least one modern object-oriented language.
• Ability to understand system topologies and drive the implementation of new system components.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, can think out of the box and propose creative solutions for complex problems.
• Hands-on expertise with Java11 and Kafka is a big plus.
• Experience with databases like RDS Aurora, MySQL or Cassandra is a plus.
• Comfortable contributing in a remote environment and with globally distributed teams.
• Appreciate and embrace transparency and see value in providing and receiving feedback.
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You are autonomous and proactive
• You are passionate about technology and transformation
• You are self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You are comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• You are excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx3b71-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.