Company: Live Nation
Location: Farringdon, London
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Operations & Finance
Working hours: Full-time
Contract Type: Fixed Term, Maternity Cover expected duration until Q1 2024
The Senior Manager of Operations & Finance will report to the Senior Vice President of Operations & Finance and the EMEA Touring team to promote tours and-one off shows across a broad range of artists, in venues around the world.
The position will be responsible for coordinating with promoters, internal departments and external companies to effectively manage finances for tours with an aim to maximize revenue generated and deliver timely and accurate reporting to all stakeholders.
Live Nation (Music) UK, part of Live Nation Entertainment, is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, e-commerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
• Oversight/management of the financial settlement process for all departmental projects.
• Create summarized reporting for each tour to track actual performance against tour forecasts; issue management reports for all tours and administer overall tour deals.
• Tailor summary reporting and templates to meet tour specific objectives and informational requirements of management and Tour Accounts.
• Liaising with tour accountants/representatives on every aspect of settlements and settlement files including auditing of night of show (''NOS'') settlements and adjustment/finalization of settlements (ensuring accuracy and integrity of figures and correction of reporting errors); analyse/investigate material variances to projections.
• Create ''settlement template'' for each show, taking into consideration all relevant deal points and revenue streams to create a framework for show specific P&Ls and determine the source(s) of show proceeds.
• Attend settlements (if necessary) to instruct tour staff on administration of settlements.
• Liaise with Tour Accounts for general ledger (''GL'') input of settlement files/summary reporting (including NOS and final adjustments).
• Liaise with/instruct Tour Accounts in reconciliation of management reporting with the GL and final/preliminary settlements with artists.
• Accounts receivable: monitor collections of show proceeds and address collection issues
• Payments: initiate artist payments on a timely basis and administer any other payments needed by the department
• Liaise with departmental bookers, local promoters, marketing, ticketing, legal on all show/tour settlement issues.
• Non-resident withholding taxes – liaise with tour accounting staff, local promoters, and artist representatives to meet withholding tax requirements in all jurisdictions.
• Create Local assignment agreements & Deal Memos using the main tour agreement & liaising promoters
• Assist promoters with Tour Business Plans, including collecting local costings
• Update & maintain business plans in ROME (our in house sales force product, designed for worldwide business plans)
• Daily Bank Reconciliations, for GBP, EUR & USD accounts
• Prepare/administer historical reporting on past tours on an ad hoc basis.
• Maintain/update the Europe/Rest of World settlement database
Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• Knowledge of stadiums, arenas, theatres and clubs would be hugely beneficial
• Ability to work spreadsheets and databases – good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Ability to plan and organize own workload
• Ability to establish and develop relationships within the music industry
• Ability to work to strict deadlines
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to interact with people at all levels of business understanding
• Some travel within Europe may be required
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
• Hands-on team player
• Focus on quality and service levels while also achieving deadlines
• Independent thinker
• Ability to translate a concept into a tactical plan
• Flexible yet strong nature
• Interest in the music industry a benefit
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g40w8y-3-229-117-149-42 in your application.