Strategic Sourcing Category Manager - Technology
The Senior HR Systems & Data Analyst is a highly strategic, driven, and analytical seasoned specialist within the Global HR team and owns our People Analytics function. Reporting to the Director, HR Systems & Analytics, you are an advocate and driver of business processes related to systems and cyclical programs, as well as HR systems and analytics initiatives. The ultimate goal of the Senior HR Systems & Data Analyst is to unearth and champion processes and systems that create efficiencies and attain critical data that drive insights to help determine the company's talent strategy and programs. As such, you will provide the expertise enabling us to achieve this and will help us transform the way data is used to optimize our talent strategy including talent acquisition, engagement, organizational development, performance management and diversity.
Not only are you helping to generate insights, you are a leader, mentor with your peers and project manager who can help the team plan, prioritize, manage and kick-off company-wide people programs and systems.
• You will manage data requests from key stakeholders, developing tools, identifying and driving strategies and project manage processes that help the talent team access, understand and use data to make people decisions.
• Lead processes (ie. succession planning) that allow leaders to better understand talent landscape in order to understand where we need to make investments that ultimately lead to engagement and retention of top talent.
• Desi gn tools, run analyses, automate reports, and create presentations to ensure the right data gets to the right person at the right time.
• Lead in creating a vision and talent data roadmap.
• Partner with the HRBPs and business to ensure data accuracy and to identify gaps within the data. Oversee data governance and auditing, with partnership of broader HR team.
• Translate talent management and business issues into questions and hypotheses that can be understood and tested with data.
• Uti lize employee engagement, recognition, and HRIS platforms to collect feedback and data to generate insights (CultureAmp, Kazoo, and Workday).
• Conduct in-depth data analysis and modeling, and use/translate that data to tell a compelling story.
• Leverage tools, such as SQL, Workday, and Excel to drive efficient insights.
• Communicate findings to leaders via presentations, on a periodic/quarterly/annual basis.
• Conduct and prep analysis for cyclical talent initiatives.
• Drive self-service reporting capabilities in Workday and other platforms.
• Build HR capability in analytics through data visualization tools (ie. DOMO, Tableau) and a corresponding data warehouse.
• Assist with legal data requests
Systems & Processes:
• • Liaise with IT, LNE CoE and HR technical teams to improve operating efficiencies/effectiveness as it relates to business processes.
• • Lead new HR systems initiatives and manage the intake and governance of requests from global HR partners. You will manage and govern the HR roadmap as related to these initiatives.
• Diagnose, triage and solution system defects and faulty business processes.
• Create/design new processes and educate HRBPs and others on how to execute.
• Serve as Business Process Owners (BPOs) in collecting feedback and business requirements across the business, HR and LNE divisions and translate them to system requirements and business processes.
• Create business cases that substantiates initiatives.
• Educate the business and HRBPs on how to leverage self-service capabilities in related systems (ie. how to run a report, how to transact).
• Provide occasional Workday transactional support.
• Serve as the primary project manager within the team for HR initiatives.
• Bring critical thinking, analysis and excellent problem-solving skills to a range of challenging business questions.
• Identify and analyze business needs, stakeholders and linkages to other projects and define project scope and objectives.
• Coordinate, monitor, and drive project activities, manage project risks and resources.
• Support the broader HR team with launching and managing company-wide programs/projects, e.g. Performance Management, Employee Surveys, Merit, Bonus, and Promotion programs, Recognition, Culture and other people programs.
• Help with ad-hoc projects or requests.
Other Duties as Needed:
• Mentor other team members in service of their growth, development and being your backup.
• Payroll and benefit queries support to employees.
• Provide Leave of Absence process support.
• Respond to policy questions and provide interpretation in partnership with Legal.
• Provide COBRA reimbursement support.
REQUIRED SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following attributes & competencies:
• BNBS degree, Masters preferred (MBA, Business, 1/0 Psychology, HR, or math/statistics).
• 2+ years of work experience at a management consulting firm, investment bank, start up, technology company or related industry.
• 5+ years in systems and data management.
• 3+ years in systems implementation.
• 3+ years in reporting & analytics experience.
• 3+ years in project management experience as the primary project manager.
• Analytical and data driven - Including, you have some experience with SOL/relational databases. You have experience with basic inferential statistics and research methods (correlations, regressions, t tests, research design).
• Story telling through data.
• Strong Project Management Skills. PMP certification a plus.
• Growth mindset.
• Technically Savvy - you are an Excel & PowerPoint ninja.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Pivot as priorities shift.
• Team player.
• Autonomy - Initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance.
• Versatile communication skills. Ability to communicate the results of analyses to multiple stakeholders.
WHO ARE WE?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, Live Nation Media & Sponsorship and Artist Nation Management. Ticketmaster is the global event ticketing leader with over 480 million tickets sold and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 26,000 shows and 80+ festivals annually for nearly 3,300 artists in over 40 countries. Artist Nation Management is one of the world's leading artist management companies, representing more than 500 artists. These businesses power Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to deliver music marketing programs across 900 brands enabling advertisers to tap into the more than 71 million fans Live Nation Entertainment delivers annually through its live event and digital platforms. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
At Ticketmaster, we power the people who create culture through live events, connecting more passionate fans to those experiences than anyone else. We are innovators that embrace change and work hard to help others succeed. We believe in open communication and stress accountability, because fans and clients count on us every day. We strive for ease of use for our clients and fans while seeking out those who have a bias for action versus a desire for directives.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.