Quebec City, QC
In the role of Senior Developer II, you will work for the Ticket Delivery team, in our Quebec city office, on critical application components that are used for the delivery of digital tickets to customers. These application components are essential to Ticketmaster's business, providing solutions for clients such as the NFL and some of the biggest venues on the planet.
Under the Ticket Delivery team, you will be responsible for owning the development and design of entire application components and lead team projects. While working independently with minimal supervision, you will rely on your wide-range of experience and technical expertise to propose new solutions, ideas and foster relationships with peers in different teams and offices.
You will represent the team as a technical expert and work closely with the Product Manager on feature requirements and planning. An important part of this role is to anticipate team needs and guide & menthor invividuals in order to influence the culture and drive continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Design robust highly scalable architecture with solid monitoring and alerting capabilities.
• Help in architecture of the digital ticket delivery flow for Ticketmaster ticketing systems
• Define strategies to maintain and modernize legacy code and services
• Automate testing, deployments, performance and recovery
• Ensure high quality through automated tests
• Develop on AWS
• Work in an Agile environment
• Interact with Product Manager and other internal development teams
• Mentor engineers
• Inspire developers by providing new ideas or concepts
• Help coordinate the effective use of the team ensuring optimization of overall team
• Seek to build relationships and partners with internal and external team members
• Help build consensus
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• 5+ years of development experience
• 5+ years of experience w/ Agile methodologies
• 3+ years of experience in DevOps
• Strong backend development skills
• Experience with modern framework such as Springboot
• Experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• Java, Springboot, Maven
• Experience with messaging systems such as Apache Kafka
• Experience with Cloud Hosting such as AWS
• Experience with production
• Experience working in an SOA development environment
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Mongo)
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members
• Bilingual: French, English
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES)
• You are autonomous and proactive
• You are passionate about technology and transformation
• You are self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious
• You are comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams
• You are excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r715qk-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.