Senior Account Executive
HOB Entertainment, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, offers exceptional club venues nationwide. House of Blues venues provide several genres of live music from Rock, Hip Hop, Country, Rock en Español, Blues, Jazz, Reggae and Pop. House of Blues venues are also known for their southern-style cuisine, juke-joint inspired atmosphere and the World Famous Gospel Brunch.
The Sales Manager will sell and organize S.M.E.R.F. focused parties and special events and/or as assigned by the Director of Sales. This role facilitates the achievement of annual team goals and provides direct support to the Director of Sales. The Sales Manager has accountability for the success of the Special Events department in conjunction with the Director of Sales.
• Meet and exceed individual sales goals
• Consistently fulfill sales call quotas and required tracking protocol
• Complete understanding of competitive set as well as key points to sell against such venues
• Handle initial phone call and electronic inquiries in a timely manner (within 24 hours)
• Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories
• Build, maintain and target client database (from internal and external sources): tour operators, meeting planners, event planners, wedding planners, corporate, social, non-profit, fundraisers, DMC's, etc.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with Convention & Visitors Bureau, professional organizations, local chambers of commerce, local hotels and vendors
• Ensuring optimal perception of venue within the community as well as within professional organizations
• Maintain Live Nation Standards for policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook
• With DOS, ensure and monitor that all required reports (SEO's, monthly calendar, contacts made, forecasting, trackers, financial rectification, flashes, initiatives, etc) are fulfilled and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
• Maintain accurate event financial records and adhere to required departmental and organizational processes/protocol
• Generation of proposals
• Generation of Special Events Orders
• Contract negotiations
• Generation of contracts
• Maintain and communicate current event information on talent calendar
• Ensure accurate file maintenance (Caterease and Rome)
• Complete working knowledge and expertise in use of Caterease, Social Tables, SalesForce/Rome, ClientPoint, DocuSign, Payeezy, etc.
• Understanding of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction, event execution and operational communication
• Assist with event execution and oversight
Financial Performance of Department(s)
• Aggressively ensure that revenue is generated in accordance to individual sales quota established by DOS and track financials per market segment, per month and per quarter
• Assist DOS in creating annual sales plans for each market segment; Convention, Association, Incentive, Tour &Travel, Social, Local, Corporate; SMERF, DMC, etc.
• Solicit new and existing clients to meet / exceed budgetary sales expectations
• Fulfill expectations outlined within the strategic monthly sales plan, monthly initiatives, SMART plan, annual goals, competitive analysis and other reports requested / required
• Develop sales strategy for defined market segments
• Build and maintain client database(s) in Caterease
• Actively solicit business through local civic and business organizations (Convention Bureau, Chamber of Commerce, HSMAI, ILEA, WISE, etc.)
• Assist in development of sales collateral material
• Assist in updating of venue sales website, on-line venue listings and assigned social media applications
• Attends tradeshows, networking events, sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts at the direction of the Director of Sales
• Geographically determine and participate in marketing the venue to trade shows, both locally and nationally at the Director of Sales direction
• For sales team members, you will be expected to be conducting sales a minimum of 50% of your time
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, special event operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing) and guest relations
• Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, organizational concepts and financial knowledge
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests and clients in a positive effective manner
• Three to five years sales experience in the hospitality industry
• Ability to walk and stand for long period of time
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
• High school diploma required
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8q8o-3-236-232-99-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.