Venue: O2 Academy Brixton
Company: Academy Music Group
Reports to: General Manager
Working hours: Full-time, permanent
The Production Manager is responsible for leading our stage and technical department, welcoming incoming productions, and managing a large and diverse team of back-of-house and freelance employees. The role is to ensure the smooth running of a wide variety of live performances, from high profile shows to late-night club events, and you will work closely with the General Manager to ensure we are continually well presented in all stage and technical operations.
Our Production Manager is a proactive member of the management team at our prestigious and internationally renowned South London venue, one of the most prestigious and iconic venues in the city, and where our shows and events are as diverse as the individuals within it. We are passionate about delivering the very best programme of live entertainment for everyone. The successful candidate will inspire and support our innovative team and contribute to our inclusive culture, where collaboration is at the heart of everything we do, from load-in to load-out.
• Expertise in stage or production management
• Expertise in event production and technical riders
• Extensive knowledge of health and safety regulations and risk assessments
• Proven track record of diary management and rota systems
• Excellent communication and diplomacy skills
• Proficient in IT and Microsoft Office packages
What we need
• Demonstrable leadership and motivation of others
• Enthusiasm for the live events and production industry
• Flexibility to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings/public holidays)
• Strong organiser with attention to detail
• Willingness to build positive working relationships
• A proactive leader in problem-solving who can negotiate solutions
• Ability to undertake the demands of stage management in the live environment
• Exemplary standards of technical production
What you'll be doing
• Oversee stage and technical management for all shows and events
• Recruitment and rota management of back-of-house employees, engineers and crew
• First point of contact for advancing and technical fulfilment on all incoming productions
• Responsible for health and safety inductions and risk assessments for all incoming productions
• Lead on day-to-day compliance and adherence to Company guidelines and working practices for all employees and visitors
• Ensure that all production operations are carried out in compliance with relevant and applicable H&S legislation and any other statutory regulations.
• Drive positive and practical application in Health & Safety
• Financial budgeting within the department
• Maintain the Company asset register of all in-house technical equipment
• Ensure technical equipment is maintained to the highest standards
• Supervise service regimes, PAT testing, technical maintenance and inspection reports
• First-class client and customer service
• Ensure that all venue technical specification/information sheets are accurate and up to date. Furthermore, to ensure that a specific 'technical rider' is generated for every event following discussions with the relevant artists/production staff
• Attend all pre-show safety briefings with venue management
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry, this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five and the industry is demanding, with sometimes long and unsociable hours. The excitement and energy of the shows and events we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this position is no exception so get ready to bring your very best to the role.
Academy Music Group (AMG) is the UK's leading owner and operator of live music and entertainment venues with award-winning credentials. Several of our historic theatres are unique institutions of British music and culture and our vision is to inspire artists and audiences by hosting unforgettable live performances.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4p20q-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.