Company: Live Nation Entertainment
Department: UK Finance
Reports to: Financial Controller
Contract type: Full time, permanent
The Payroll Manager will be responsible for overseeing the processing of all Live Nation UK payrolls across the Live Nation Entertainment group, covering approximately 400 salaried and 60 hourly paid employees. Working with the Payroll Manager for Ticketmaster, you will both be required to advise the business on all aspects of the payroll, improve processes and procedures.
Experience of dealing with HMRC and its legal processes is essential, and a good understanding of ADP Freedom and Workday are also desired. The role will also be heavily involved with transition to a new payroll provider.
The right candidate will be a technically proficient Payroll Specialist who has a proven experience in payroll with exposure to managing and processing multiple payrolls on a monthly cycle. As the face of payroll, you will be confident, communicative and display clear initiative when dealing with senior managers to resolve issues and challenge process.
What it's like to work in the Team?
Our team builds strong and trustworthy relationships at all levels across multiple departments. We are diverse and inclusive, ensuring everyone's opinion is heard on the road to succeeding in our shared goals. Support is always on hand through the expert knowledge of our colleagues or our sense of togetherness as a team, allowing us to draw on all resources to achieve our targets or deadlines.
Who you are (Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience)
• Experience working with multiple payroll companies simultaneously. Currently there are 18 PAYE References incorporating 66 individual paygroups
• Experience working with a 3rd party payroll provider
• Excellent technical payroll knowledge
• Strong systems skills with a good working knowledge of Excel
• Great attention to detail
• Strong customer service skills
• Current knowledge of HMRC legislation and statutory requirements, and ability to share this with different audiences within the business
• Able to plan and deliver payroll requirements each tax year, such as National Minimum Wage increases, festival and venues casual staff, annual salary reviews/bonuses, tax year end and P11d processing
• Thorough experienced-based knowledge of payroll processing including PAYE, RTI, auto-enrolment of pensions, statutory payments and will be adept at using industry specific payroll software packages
• Experience working with ADP Freedom and Workday HR
• CIPP qualification or diploma in payroll management
• Previous management experience in a payroll bureau
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• The ability to effectively solve problems and instil change to prevent future reoccurrences
• To be flexible in working times to accommodate timetable for payroll cycle
• Eager to continually learn to keep pace with changes in payroll legislation and best practice
• Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
• Analytical with great problem-solving skills
What the role includes?
• Overall responsibility for ensuring employees are paid accurately and on time in line with agreed deadlines.
• First point of contact for all management queries around payroll
• Checking pre-commit payroll reports before signing-off with 8 separate finance controllers
• Manage and maintain a close working relationship with our payroll provider (ADP) and be able to challenge where necessary
• Attend monthly operational and Tracking Log calls with ADP – to provide regular updates to the UK HR team where applicable
• Working with key stakeholder in HR, Finance and ADP to plan and implement changes in line with the strategic direction of the business
• Actively identify and recommend process changes to increase productivity of the payroll function
• Ensuring all relevant payroll data is recorded in line with current HMRC legislation i.e. BACS/CHAPS payments made outside payroll, sickness, maternity/paternity and changes to National Minimum Wage/National Living Wage
• Manage payroll year-end, P60 despatch and delivery. Effectively resolve all management queries and where necessary employee pay queries with support from our outsourced payroll provider
• Quarterly audit reviews of all ADP users and MSPM documents to ensure compliance in readiness for annual internal audit
• Implementation of any new company acquisitions that require adding to the UK payroll, from initial requirement gathering to final build testing, and finally training the new users
• Liaising with third parties such as our pension and benefit providers to ensure accurate system alignment, and maintaining this in quarterly reviews
• Ad-hoc project work, often at short notice (historic projects have involved a move to ePayslips and splitting paygroups)
• Payroll calendar management around Christmas holidays and continual review of key dates, annual events and processing deadlines
Live Nation is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pee0-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.