WHO ARE WE?
WHO ARE YOU?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Paradise Rock Club & Brighton Music Hall is looking for an Operations Manager who is responsible for overseeing all aspects of concerts and events. The incumbent will be responsible for achieving guest service standards, revenue and income objectives, assisting with enforcing policies and procedures, and monitoring budget(s) to ensure the profitable operation of the venue.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
Financial Performance and Results
• Meet or exceed budgetary expectations on all associated line items
• Cost control on labor
• Responsible for managing labor cost, including overtime
• Assist with developing monthly and quarterly specials, events, etc.
• Manage staff hours to ensure we are not exceeding budget
• Complete all necessary paperwork
• Ensure timely completion of all necessary paperwork
Recruitment, training and management of staff
• Conduct annual evaluations of hourly staff and supervisors. Set goals for individuals and outline team's action plans. Propose raise recommendations to department director.
• Maintain open door policy
• Hold departmental staff meetings to keep everyone informed of our problems/progress
• Monitor progress of staff & management. Follow up/follow through of subordinates in reaching goals (continual coaching and guidance)
• Provide for ongoing training of staff as needed
• Oversee participation of staff in cross training/re-certification programs
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels - hiring, terminations, maintain disciplinary documentation per Live Nation/Crossroads standards, ensure complete and thorough training of all staff and management (department director sign off)
• Maintain positive staff relations (in all areas outlined in Manager evaluation form) Manages, coordinates and aids in execution/facilitation of all on-site training programs, seminars, operational rollouts and further learning & development needs (as per Regional General Manager, Head of HR and Director of Learning & Development).
• Supervises all venue trainers, including all operations floor trainers. Duties would include (but not limited to)
• Interviewing and selection of training
• Annual reviews
• Conducts audits of trainers and trainees on weekly/monthly basis or as outlined by Regional GM and/or Human Resources Manager.
• Conducts on-site Alcohol Awareness Certification classes as outlined by state, county and federal guidelines for that region.
• Weekly/daily periodic review and check of new Team Member Training certification Guides.
• Communicates follow-up information to appropriate levels of management.
• Conducts Quarterly training seminars with in-house non-exempt trainers for development and motivation.
• Attends at all training seminars, conferences and conference telephone calls as outlined by Director of Learning & Development.
• Conducts venue level operations meetings on weekly or regular basis as outlined by Director of Venue Operations and General Manager
• Completes and/or approves all schedules for hourly staff on weekly basis
Maintain all Standards Set by Live Nation/Crossroads Presents
• Service Standards
• Housekeeping - conduct walk through
• Meet or exceed health and safety requirements
• Follow all policies and procedures as stated in Handbook and manuals
• Maintain operational supplies
• Full compliance in house, city and state alcohol policies and procedures
Ensure Smooth Operations of Department
• Keep guest feedback log
• Maintain 86 logs
• Completes incident reports and forwards to corporate
• Staffs coat check area
• Maintain, coordinate, and maximize labor based on nightly changes in sales/business volume.
• Ensure environmental standards are adequate (light, sound, room temperature, cleanliness, line of sight, table maintenance, promotional materials, etc.)
• Perform daily pre-shift and post-shift meetings
• Provide for liquor pulls and ensure accurate accounting
• Coordinate and over-see private/special events per event specifications
• Any other duties asked
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• 2-5 years high volume experience in fine dining/restaurant/or club operations
• 2-5 years supervisory or operational management experience.
• Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
• High School Diploma required
• Bilingual in Spanish
• College Degree in related field
• Responsible Alcohol Service certification
• T.I.P.S. Certified or equivalent
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Working environment is fast-paced and has a moderate to loud noise level
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, bending, stooping
• Ability to wear an earpiece for radio communication
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
**Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of
Colorado will not necessarily receive the same compensation. Live Nation takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, as well as the position's work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the CO EPEWA, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7nv59-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.