The Operations Accountant will work alongside events and venue teams to review revenues, manage expense oversight, ensure accurate and timely show settlements, and support venue operational finance. This includes review and approval of transactions, preparation of accounting entries, and reconciliation of payables and receivables.
This position is responsible for all accounting functions related to events including but not limited to:
• Finalizing profit and loss statements for assigned shows
• Entering show settlements into accounting systems and distributing reports
• Acting as point of contact for show accounting, and liaising with talent department, artist representatives and production staff for assigned shows
• Reviewing all show settlements to verify proper documentation has been received and proper backup for SOX compliant audit purposes
• Working closely with venue GMs to ensure compliance with finance best practices and approved budgets
• Identifying any venue cost over runs and communicate to management via variance analysis
• Reconciling cash floats
• Coding and distribute show invoices and cheques for Accounts Payable input
• Preparing and coding artist final settlement wires based on contract; remit payment to artist ensuring appropriate withholding taxes, charity, and album bundles are recognized.
• Settling venue expenses, shared ancillary revenues, and co-promotion deals
• Preparing and uploading show journal entries
• Reconciliation of revenues, project costs, and accruals
• Reconciliation of accounts receivable, review for balance accuracy, and timely collection
• Completion of month end close and reporting of per show contribution margin
• Travel and on-site support for venue / stadium / festival events will be required occasionally
• Ad hoc projects as assigned by management
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
• 2-3 years of technical Accounting experience, with strengths in reconciliation
• Project management experience an asset
• Experience and knowledge with Oracle and Salesforce are an asset
• Proficient PC skills, especially in Microsoft Excel
• Strong organizational and time management abilities that allow projects and goals to be completed on schedule
• Highly detail oriented with a strong ability to multi-task
• Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with the cyclical demands of the role
• Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization and with partners
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legal valid exemptions
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Sits for extended periods of time at a computer station or work desk; stands and walks throughout the day; occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.; uses hands and fingers to operate computers and office equipment for up to 8 hours each day; lifts up to 10 pounds regularly; exposed to typical office environment conditions and noise levels.
Live Nation Canada strongly supports
This job description is a summary of duties that are expected to be performed. Duties outlined on this job description may not be all-inclusive and can be modified at any time if requested by management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0z8p8-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.