We are looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and strong communicator to join the Talent Development team based in Los Angeles, CA. This role will support the employee onboarding experience in a variety of ways including administration and tracking of new hire records, manage background checks, schedule and facilitate onboarding sessions as needed, organize, procure and distribute new hire swag.
Overall, your role is to assist with the administration work that elevates and optimizes the onboarding process to improve the employee experience. As the Onboarding Specialist, you must be able to stay organized while working on multiple projects at once and quickly build rapport with new hires, stakeholders, and HR partners across the organization.
You will be working to ensure that each employee's onboarding experience is a positive one. Sometimes this includes working 1:1 with new hires answering questions, but mostly you'll work administratively to support processes, draft/send communications, update and distribute learning and development content/programs, and sometimes be asked to facilitate.
Reporting to the Director of Talent Development, you'll be a member of the Corporate HR Learning & Development team that services all global Live Nation divisions and Joint Ventures as needed. As part of the Learning & Development team, you'll be supporting projects geared toward overall employee development with the opportunity to impact employees on a variety of levels. An entrepreneurial, roll-up your sleeves mind-set and an affinity to be a utility player and learn new skills is a must for this role.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO:
New Hire Administration & Tracking
• Optimization of the onboarding process and employee experience
• Execute and maintain strategic processes to ensure a consistent and positive onboarding experience for all LNE employees
• Accurately track new hires and ensure they're scheduled for appropriate orientations, receive swag, and facilitate Q/A as needed
• Support HR Business Partners and Recruiters with troubleshooting and resolving common background check issues and errors in partnership with our Background Check vendor
Onboarding Training & Support
• Help to implement new hire orientation and engagement strategy for the onboarding phase of the employee life cycle (first year of employment)
• Liase with Recruiters, IT, HR, and Diversity to optimize onboarding communications, assets, and tools offered; consult on future solutions to solve for gaps or process improvements within the onboarding process
• Assist with hiring manager training and tools, orientation content, and communication plans for new hires and their managers in collaboration with Recruiters and HR
• Schedule, organize, and communicate onboarding live trainings and experiences
• Facilitate live onboarding trainings as needed (virtual and/or in-person as applicable)
• Support Learning & Development with launch and implementation of a new automated global orientation campaign on Workday Learning (LMS), assist with maintenance and administration post-launch
• Maintain learning materials, assist with instructional design as needed and proactively update learning programs to remain current with the business
• Build and update project plans as necessary, schedule meetings and trainings, and assist with materials distribution as needed
• Stay in close contact with stakeholders on relevant projects and onboarding programs
• Support cross-functional teams to achieve Talent Development team initiatives and objectives
• Communicate clearly, early, and effectively with all stakeholders on process updates, clarifications, and upcoming projects
• Ensure records are kept current, organized and stored properly for appropriate access of team members and stakeholders
• Work with the Learning & Development team on various exciting employee engagement programs, initiatives and communications (professional development, surveys, talent management, D&I comms/programs, Employee Resource Groups, mentorships, etc.)
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING:
• 2+ years of work experience in Human Resources, Learning, Training or Organization Development, or other related fields
• Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business, or a related area
• Project management experience, specifically managing detailed projects with multiple points of contact and stakeholders
• Ability to be both strategic and operational with a strong eye for detail
• Capable of exercising independent judgement and discretion while using company policies to determine appropriate action
• Experience working with and communicating to many different levels and departments in the organization
• A passion for supporting employees at scale and a service mindset
• Able to problem solve, support with employee Q/A, and navigate uncertainty to find solutions
• Advanced Microsoft Office/Suite proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Facilitation and strong presentation skills a plus
• Knowledge of employee paperwork and contract management
• • HRIS & LMS systems experience (Workday/Workday Learning)
• Instructional design experience and knowledge of adult learning principles
• eLearning software proficiency (Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, etc.)
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Live Nation will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Live Nation also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Live Nation will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case by case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7jnn-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.