WHO ARE YOU?
Do you enjoy dance music? Do you excel at transporting goods and moving freight? Then you're in luck! We are
looking for a highly motivated self-starter who embodies both a passion for dance culture and a love of being on
the open road. Is this you? Read on…
Insomniac is looking for an experienced and dependable Truck Driver to join our team. You will safely and efficiently drive a large commercial vehicle long distances for extended hours to deliver cargo. All safety regulations and standards regarding size, weight, and break periods must be followed. Our ideal candidate has a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and has previous training in operating and driving. You will also be responsible for receiving cargo, parking in appropriate docks, tracking mileage, and documenting schedules, inventory delivery confirmation, and manifests. This is not a remote position and based on the road with occasional work in Las Vegas, NV.
• Conduct pre-trip inspection on tractor and trailer, if applicable, and document results per FMCSA/ DOT standards and document via paper or ELD
• Safely secure load as needed in accordance with DOT standards and in a way as to not incur additional damage to product
• Complete pre-trip inspection paperwork prior to departure from site, warehouse, and various third party customer facilities
• Transport product or goods to destination(s) within the allocated time window, abiding by all DOT rule and regulations provided by FMCSA
• Arrive on time or prior to scheduled arrival time. This includes but is not limited to pickups, deliveries, and any scheduled shifts
• Communicate with department heads, dispatch, and customers at all intervals of trip
• Plan routes to meet delivery schedules
• Supervise loading and unloading of cargo off truck and ensure cargo is secured
• Follow all state and national large tuck driving safety regulations and standards
• Complete post-trip inspection paperwork if necessary based on policies and standard operating procedures [mileage and cargo; keep track of mileage, fuel and toll expenses; confirm inventory matches shipping documents]
• Refuel vehicle and check or replace oil as needed
• Submit all trip documents including but not limited to: trip logs, logbooks, receipts, BOL's, inspection reports, etc. at the time of receipt or when not applicable, at end of shift
• Maintain assigned equipment including but not limited to: keeping equipment clean and fueled for the next trip as to prevent lost time and/or additional damages
• Report all lost, stolen or damaged items, vehicle issues, incidents and/or accidents immediately to appropriate personnel and document via standard operating procedures at the moment incidents occur
• Keep all licenses, cards, & certifications up to date
• Valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL) required
• 3+ years proven experience with professional driving tractor trailers
• Clean driving record with no moving violations
• Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and performing maintenance, and parking large oversize vehicles
• Must have experience with dry vans and flatbeds
• Must pass a background check and pre-employment drug test
• Skilled at driving large vehicles up to 80' in length
• Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer in tight and/ or narrow spaces
• Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
• Able to operate an electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
• Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels & busy environments
• May work in drastic temperature climates
• Must be willing travel to work events during night, evening, holidays and weekend hours, as required, to meet deadlines
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization, which does not require sponsorship by Insomniac for a visa.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Insomniac recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Insomniac may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn9z11-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.