Job Summary: Responsible and accountable for driving new, incremental national Special Events sales.
• Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly financial goals.
• Work in unison with Vice President – National Sales to secure new, incremental sales.
• As assigned, generate new national leads to increase size of National Sales database via cold calls and market prospecting to include, but not limited to, corporations, DMCs, incentive houses, Tour & Travel companies, meeting planners, associations, non-profits, etc. as assigned.
• Proactively solicit new business opportunities via sales calls and in-person client presentations.
• Identify key clients to create and solidify master agreements, discount/incentive programs and preferred status. Manage and track account activity.
• Act as liaison between national sales clients and venue sales teams for national account needs.
• Validate and secure space availability for new opportunities, negotiate contractual points and close deals.
• Handle initial phone call and electronic inquiries in a timely manner within 24 hours.
• Maintain files - Caterease and Rome – for all national clients.
• Complete working knowledge and expertise in use of our various systems - Caterease, Cendyn, Exact Target, Rome, etc.
• In conjunction with Vice President of National Sales, represent HOBE/LNSE with organizations directly related to the hospitality industry such as MPI, ISES, HSMAI and NACE.
• Assist in the development of national sales collateral and campaigns.
• Provide support for industry trade shows and events attended by LNSE.
• Ensure and monitor that all required reports (SEO's, monthly calendar, contacts made, forecasting, trackers, financial rectification, ROME flashes, initiatives, etc) are fulfilled and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning.
• Understand all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to ensure maximum guest satisfaction and operational communication.
• Fulfill expectations outlined within the strategic monthly sales plan, monthly initiatives, SMART plan, annual goals, competitive analysis and other reports requested / required.
• Maintain Live Nation Standards for policies and procedures as outlined in the Code of Conduct and Employee Handbook.
• Minimum of 5-years working in the Special Events sales industry.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
• Skilled in interpersonal communications, organizational concepts, financial acumen, and team building.
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests / clients in a positive effective manner.
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, computer systems (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing), and excellent client relationships.
• High school diploma required (Bachelor degree preferred)
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends)
• Travel 50-75%
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions.
• Must be able to change activity frequently.
• Ability to walk and stand for long period of time.
Working Environment / Physical Activity
• Physical activities include walking, talking, seeing, hearing, pushing, balancing, stooping, crouching, kneeling, handling. Must be able to grasp and hold very small objects.
• Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 pounds.
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends).
In addition to the performance of essential job functions the Special Events Sales Manager – National Accounts will be evaluated on the following qualities:
• Professional Appearance
• Punctuality and Attendance
• Attitude and Teamwork
• Job Skills / Productivity
• Communication (Written and Verbal)
• Adherence to Company Policies
• Working Relationships
This job description is a summary of duties, which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwn9qn-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.