Senior Manager, Marketing
Manager, Partnership Sales, Music & Live Events (MLSE)
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A JOB POSTING AT MLSE, PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO THEIR POSTING HERE BY SEPT 27, 2023:
APPLICANTS APPLYING TO THIS LIVE NATION POSTING WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Manager, Partnership Sales, Music & Live Events
• Company: MLSE
• 50 Bay St., Toronto, ON M5J 3X8, Canada
At Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Partnership (MLSE), we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace that is representative of our community and where all employees feel they belong and can reach their full potential. We are Canada's preeminent leader in delivering top quality sport and entertainment experiences and one of North America's leading providers of exceptional fan experiences. We are the parent company of the National Hockey League's Toronto Maple Leafs, the National Basketball Association's Toronto Raptors, Major League Soccer's Toronto FC, the Canadian Football League's Toronto Argonauts and development teams with the Toronto Marlies (American Hockey League), Raptors 905 (NBA G League), Toronto FC II (MLS NEXT Pro League) and Raptors Uprising Gaming Club, the Toronto Raptors Esports franchise in the NBA 2K League.
MLSE owns and/or operates all the venues our teams play and train in, including Scotiabank Arena, BMO Field, Coca-Cola Coliseum, Ford Performance Centre, BMO Training Ground, and OVO Athletic Centre. We also provide fans in Toronto with incredible live music and entertainment events, as well as exceptional culinary experiences through our restaurants (e11even and RS) and clubs (Hot Stove Club, ScotiaClub and Platinum Club). Through MLSE Foundation, we have invested more than $45 million into Ontario communities since 2009 and with MLSE LaunchPad, we provide a place where youth facing barriers use sport to recognize and reach their potential.
We achieve all of this through our Common Purpose - to unite and empower our employees to create extraordinary moments for our fans and each other. Come be a part of the team.
Reporting to the Director, Partnerships of Music & Live Events, you will focus on the development and sales of national music partnerships (sponsorship) for Live Nation Canada, for which MLSE is the national sponsorship agency. We are looking for a client-centric, sales manager with a passion for building and delivering outstanding campaigns to join the Music & Live Events Partnerships team.
• Lead our portfolio of integrated partnership development; build strong and trusted business relationships with senior clients through pro-active contact, continually seeking to secure and renew brand partnerships for Live Nation
• Achieve revenue targets, handle a new business pipeline, secure meetings with prospective clients, and provide status reports accordingly to internal and external partners
• Analyze and mine open categories to ensure the partnership pipeline is strong
• Work in collaboration with strategy lead to develop customized, integrated and innovative partnership proposals that demonstrate insight and knowledge of client's businesses and the world of music
• Lead presentations to new prospects and negotiate packages to potential Live Nation partners
• Initiate and maintain regular contact with clients and/or client's agency, developing strong professional relationships
• Provide thought leadership to partners during the ideation phase and throughout delivery; raise the bar of creativity and strategic delivery
• Develop a deep and thorough understanding of the partners' business and competitive environment in order to continually deliver against business objectives for both the partner and Live Nation
• Proactively identify and manage critical issues; demonstrate resilience and adapt to evolving plans and strategies; where conflicting issues on partnerships arise, able to find solutions along with the internal team
• Work in collaboration with Live Nation to identify and develop new commercialized strategies that can be presented to partners as sellable opportunities
Note: Before reviewing the qualifications listed below, we want you to know that we understand you may not meet all the qualifications described and have other relevant expertise and experience. We invite you to please share this with us in the ''Message to the Hiring Manager'' section of our online application.
• Creative, upbeat and organized thought leader, driven to deliver compelling multi-platform marketing and digital solutions.
• Demonstrated success in a sales and/or sponsorship marketing role
• Experience with successfully leading a new business pipeline
• Strong proficiency using PowerPoint and Excel
• Excellent client interpersonal skills, presentation skills and confidence in leading conversations
• Creative problem-solving and experienced negotiating skills
• Experience developing and managing budgets and a sales pipeline
• A genuine curiosity about evolving consumer and cultural trends
• Ability to think 'big picture' in both strategy and execution
• Ability to build and develop professional relationships both inside and outside of the organization with ease
• Ongoing awareness and a proactive responsiveness to client satisfaction
Apply by: September 27, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MLSE, we are committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. MLSE will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process. If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email email@example.com. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn0x4m-3-233-221-90-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.