Talent Acquisition Manager
London, United Kingdom
Company: Live Nation
Reports to: Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I)
Working Hours: 40 hours per week, permanent
Reporting to the Global Head of Diversity & Inclusion (D&I), and a member of the LNE Human Resources (HR) function, the Head of D&I, International Markets is accountable for the planning and execution of Diversity initiatives at Live Nation. This team member will be expected to possess skills to help design, develop, and implement Diversity programs across a decentralized business. They will work collaboratively with business leaders, HR business partners, and D&I colleagues across the global organization to drive D&I initiatives and integrate inclusive practices into the business. This includes consulting, strategizing, planning, relationship building, negotiation, and execution. They will work closely with the Global Head of D&I to ensure the broader strategy and organizational goals are measured and met, and will partner across HR and the business to align, integrate and drive D&I initiatives into people programs, culture, and business initiatives.
What it's like to work in the Team?
Our team is made up of a diverse group of individuals, but we all share the same passion for putting our employees first. We have a fun atmosphere within the team, which helps us maintain an open, approachable department, which can partner and build genuinely authentic and valuable relationships with our employees and leaders. We are committed to working as a team and so support each other to achieve wins as a team.
Who you are?
An inspired leader and diversity practitioner, dedicated to elevating the employee experience and advocating for equity and inclusion. Understands the value of collaboration and can quickly build rapport with business leaders and employees alike. Can quickly pivot and shift in response to changing needs and priorities.
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment (LNE), our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Competencies, Experience and Behaviours
• Proven professional experience of D&I functional expertise
• Have a network of relevant groups across UK and/or International markets which pertain to diversity driven initiatives and activism
• Need to be able to work within a matrixed, highly decentralised environment
• Ablility to provide expert advice on anti-discrimination / equality legislation in UK & International markets and support compliance with new and existing programmes.
• Needs to have developed an objective understanding and expertise on social exclusion, inequity, and techniques to reduce / remove barriers faced by under-represented groups.
• Needs to be an experienced project and risk manager – incorporating appropriate methodology into diversity programmes from conception to evaluation.
• Needs to be able to design, collaborate and co-design an effective diversity dashboard that demonstrates the impact of activity and utilises HRIS capabilities.
• Strong client service skills and ability to execute in a demanding, fast paced environment.
• Superior communication skills, oral and written – comfort in communicating on all levels to employees/leaders with diverse perspectives/backgrounds in a variety of time zones and regions.
• Ability to work closely with others as part of a team while being able to take full responsibility for owning an initiative end-to-end.
• Ability to build positive working relationships with a diverse group of people both internal and external to the Human Resources team.
• Ability to utilise new media and a variety of communication / design resources to create engaging content for internal and external audiences.
• Ablility to deliver an employee engagement programme that creates momentum for change at all levels of the business – and is an effective resource to deliver a focuses and sustained set of diversity priorities.
• Need to be able to design learning programmes, and design qualitative and quantitative research methodologies that support diversity within / commission research, training, market research.
• Ability to draw insights from data and develop initiatives for targeted impact as appropriate.
• Must be a strong team player, a strong mentor and possess strong influencing skills.
What the role includes?
• Develop and implement measurable diversity and inclusion initiatives and strategies with a focus on integration into current business and talent processes.
• Provide strategic direction, mobilize membership, and evolve the operations of the company's Employee Resource Groups to deliver value to employees, the business, and local communities.
• Partner cross-functionally to derive data and insights from key enterprise/Division surveys (employee engagement, contact center, etc.) to shape and evaluate diversity strategy and action plans.
• Assess and have a pulse on the employee experience from a variety of vantage points and address inequities as they relate to the entire employee lifecycle. Then work with the HR & business leaders to raise awareness of these needs and present/execute viable solutions that work toward strengthening these areas.
• Collaborate with Global Head of D&I, HR and business leaders to develop and drive a diversity talent acquisition strategy while identifying and driving relationships with external partners in the music, entertainment and tech communities.
• Lead the development of the D&I dashboard, scorecard and work to implement key measures.
• Deliver Diversity & Inclusion reporting with the purpose of identifying gaps and quantifying the impact of D&I strategies and programmes.
• Collaborate across the centers of excellence (Shared Services and Organization & Talent Development) to integrate D&I competencies and considerations into processes, programmes, and initiatives.
• Collaboratively influence business leaders/key stakeholders to partner in the development and execution of corporate Diversity programs that align with business goals and generate value.
• Creatively communicate D&I objectives in ways that resonate with leaders and stakeholders, reaffirm the business case for D&I in a compelling way, and do so in a variety of mediums.
• Provide thought leadership and insight into D&I Best/Next Practices and trends and able to translate these into applicable actionable strategies for LNE.
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 1,000 brands with the 98 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.