London, United Kingdom
Part-time Finance Assistant
Company: Live Nation
Department: VIP Nation (International)
Reports to: Tour Accountant
Contract details: Permanent, part-time, 3/4 days per week initially
VIP Nation (International) provides VIP package solutions to UK tours, festivals and special events. The VIP Nation team works alongside the event organisers to develop VIP concepts and products to enhance the fan experience and generate revenue for the artist, festival or rightsholder.
This new role provides administrative support to the international Finance function, as well as having ownership of several related duties with the potential for developing their responsibilities further. The role is initially proposed as a part-time (3/4 days per week) permanent position and reports to the Tour Accountant for VIP International.
You will need to possess exceptional numerical skills, be detailed orientated and have a methodical and meticulous approach to your work.
Who you are
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• The ideal candidate may be working towards a professional accountancy qualification but not essential.
• Excellent numerical skills with exceptional attention to detail and proficiency in using Excel at intermediate or above level.
• Experience in a similar position within a finance department preferably in creative sector.
• Strong organisational skills and a proven ability to multi-task, prioritise, manage task and work under pressure.
• Good understanding of accountancy practices.
• Flexible approach to working hours during busy periods.
• Relevant industry experience with an enthusiasm for music highly desirable.
The following attributes determine how the role will be carried out and are required to be a success:
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• Positive, proactive and solution focused, demonstrating initiative, drive and commitment to achieve objectives
• Ability to work accurately and effectively and to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently with a high level of personal responsibility and initiative
• Combines analytical thought with creativity to excel at problem-solving
What the role includes
• Prepare full financial reports for VIP International for International tours monthly.
• Assist in processing VIP International invoices with Purchase Ledger and deal with related enquiries, internally or externally.
• Prepare monthly event financial forecasts for VIP Nation International using current sales.
• Manage tour rep float spending, checking the receipts against float forms and Inputting Into relevant tour settlements.
• Raise VIP International Accounts Receivable & show settlement invoices undertaking credit control and handle associated queries.
• Reconcile invoices against purchases orders raised, investigating any differences
• General finance administration for the VIP International team such as posting withholding tax forms and electronic filing.
• Responding to emails professionally and promptly and handling general enquiries.
• Provide cover during busy periods.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g321m4-35-168-110-128-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.