Who We Are
Who You Are
Passionate and motivated with a proven track record. Driven and determined with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
The Director, Special Event Sales will sell and manage special events across Live Nation's portfolio of venues in Toronto, which include the recently announced 2,500 capacity music hall History, along with Danforth Music Hall and Budweiser Stage. You will also provide leadership to the broader national special events business across Canada, and work with our US special events sales team to leverage and implement best practices. The successful candidate will be a proven leader, have a track record of success in special event sales, be highly organized with an ability to work under pressure while multi-tasking and balancing a variety of priorities and relationships.
• Develop and implement market based strategy for special event sales across Live Nation's portfolio of venues, including responsibility for sales budgets.
• Solicit new and existing clients to meet / exceed budgetary sales expectations.
• Develop sales strategy for defined market segments, industries & conventions.
• Ensure optimal perception of event spaces within the community as well as within professional organizations.
• Network and solicit at select trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients including professional organizations, local hotels and vendors.
• Negotiate contract terms.
• Ensure that all required reporting (monthly calendar, contacts, forecasting, trackers, financials, initiatives, etc.) is completed and distributed in a timely manner for proper planning.
• Understanding and optimization of all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations, to ensure superb execution of events.
• Maintain open communication and relationships with on site and off site management,
to provide quality service to customers and properly execute events.
• Meet with prospective clients onsite for location tours and tastings.
• Serve as subject matter expert to staff members on logistical arrangements, recommend and monitor new business opportunities, develop professional and personal goals of the staff.
• Develop a complete, comprehensive targeted list of companies/organizations within assigned categories.
• Manage generation of proposals, contract negotiations, supply requisitions, and client relations.
• Maintain and communicate applicable event information on promotional talent calendar.
• Be able to navigate and properly format and create files, contracts, seating plans, agendas, and resumes in applicable software.
• Ensure proper execution of all Special Events with the Operational teams and outsources suppliers.
• Complete understanding of competitive set as well as key points to sell against such venues.
• Complete third party ordering for client events, including, but not limited to – catering, rental of equipment, rental of third-party services and talent, etc.
• Establish a preferred list of third-party rental services.
• Follow-up with clients to ensure payments are received.
• Assist in development of sales collateral material.
• Some travel may be required.
• The ideal candidate will lead by example and be ''hands on'' with the ability to see the big picture.
• They will be highly personable and will have to be ''wired in'' to all convention and industry news/events in Toronto.
• Must be a measured thinker and have first-rate analytical skills.
• Working Knowledge of local and regional markets, special event and concert operations, computer programs (Windows, spreadsheet, databases, word processing), and guest relations.
• Must share a passion for the hospitality industry, food and live music.
• Experience creating budgets and analyzing reports to show proper profit/loss over a specific venue, over the course of a month, quarter, and/or year.
• Ability to work days, nights, weekends as business dictates.
• Ability to work with all levels of employees and clients.
• Must have a working knowledge of culinary trends and ability to collaborate on special event menus.
• Ability to problem solve and overcome challenges with both internal and external clients.
• Must have strong negotiation skills.
• 5+ years sales experience in the hospitality industry.
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions.
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• • Working environment is fast-paced and often loud.
• • Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing, lifting, bending, reaching, and working on your feet.
• • Must be able to lift or move up to 75 lbs. using proper lifting techniques.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1z8m-3-227-235-216-42 in your application.