Sr Engineer - Quality
Awesome Job: Director, Salesforce Technical Architecture
Great Location: Hollywood, CA or remote
Employment Type: Full Time; Salary
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
We have a 'Fan First' mindset, placing customers at the heart of everything we do. Whether working behind the scenes or engaging directly with the 'Fan' you will be part of a culture that supports and enriches the fan experience. Your work, our passion… delivering world class experiences – Fan First.
This role is a core function within our Global IT department and will report to the SVP, Global Salesforce Technology, and International IT in the interim, whilst we recruit for a VP of TM Global Salesforce Technology. This role is director level and will work in partnership with the Global Salesforce Business Analyst Team and the Global Salesforce Administrator Team. This role also requires close collaboration with the wider IT teams, which includes IT business applications, IT service delivery and IT enterprise cloud systems.
Alongside this, the role will form close partnerships and collaboration with our global business partners that utilize the Salesforce technology platform and have a requirement in the future. Another important element is the understanding and assurance that the Salesforce platform and its associated technologies are properly maintained following best practice methodologies and importantly following our global LNE data privacy and governance models, our audit and compliance policies and procedures, along with ensuring our systems are kept safe and secure, following both IT and information security policies.
Primarily responsible for the overall technology architecture, design and build of our global Salesforce platform and its associated technologies, for our Global TM business and Live Nation for international. Managing a team of highly trained technical developers across the globe.
As Director, Salesforce Technical Architecture, this role is responsible for owning and delivering complex global Salesforce solutions using technologies such as SFDC, Heroku and J2EE. Responsible for owning the architecture and design of complex solution components (e.g., integration, security, custom development) and demonstrating strong leadership skills in all stages of the software development life cycle.
This role also includes the management of a team of Salesforce developers, based across the globe, to deliver best in class technology solutions and service to our business partners.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Responsible for the global Salesforce technology architecture and its associated systems and API's for our TM business, globally
• Responsible for compiling and presenting Salesforce technology business cases for new projects and technology changes to the business Executive leadership team and IT peer groups.
• Ownership of all design elements and presenting to key IT and business stakeholders the overall technical design solutions that bring business benefit
• Responsible for ensuring that the global Salesforce system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business, ensuring that thorough testing is implemented, and performance and security requirements are aligned to our global corporate Live Nation Entertainment policies and standards.
• Identify and confirm technical design risks and develop mitigating approaches.
• Lead technical design workshops with Salesforce team, IT teams, and the business (where applicable)
• Ensure all technical documentation/records are kept up to date, following any system changes and new project implementations
• Train the team of developers and keep the technical team up to date with new technologies / environment
• Collaborating closely with the global IT business applications teams, solutioning technologies that interface
• Translate and communicate technical requirements and solutions back to the business using story-based narratives as well as presenting this in an executive reporting presentation
• Developing and presenting our 3-5-year Salesforce technology roadmap and updates on progress
• Responsible for the management of a team of Salesforce Architects across the globe, performance reviews, goal setting and coaching and development plans
• Responsible for building a set of annual goals and objectives and reporting against these on a regular basis
• Will form part of a global Salesforce Steering Committee, contributing and participating in updates to Salesforce technology and projects / technical issues, to senior business executives
• Following TM PMO methodologies and agile, for successful delivery of projects
• Reviewing the legacy debt on our Salesforce and its associated system API's, esigning, presenting, and implementing new solutions that are both efficient for our business and cost effective
• Act as a liaison between the business and development team to elicit, document, analyze & validate requirements for business enhancements, changes, issues, and projects
• Manage expectations when balancing alternatives against business and financial constraints
• Knowledge of new & upcoming features in the Salesforce ecosystem to provide recommendations for greater efficiencies
• Ensuring that are systems are kept safe, secure, and compliant
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or management information systems preferred
• Extensive experience of standard & extensible functionality of Salesforce Sales, Service Cloud Knowledge, Experience, Configuration, Analytics, Marketing Cloud & Pardot
• Knowledge of Web Services (SOAP and REST)
• End to end implementation experience with the SFDC platform
• Integration experience using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and integration/middleware tools such as Informatica, Jitterbit and MuleSoft
• Knowledge of options and how to handle security requirements such as single sign on and data security
• Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Jenkins, SVN
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Extensive experience as a Senior Salesforce Technical Architect or Senior Salesforce Solutions Architect, and leading a team of experience developers and architects
• Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to organize large amounts of information in a way that can be presented and easily consumed by leadership to make business decisions
• Ability to lead and work in an Agile development environment (i.e. lead backlog refinement, sprint load
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.