WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
I. Essential Duties
• Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly financial goals
• Proactively solicit new business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, facilitate meetings and presentations to potential clients, handle special event inquiry calls, negotiate space, assist with client catering needs through local caterer, create event proposals and conduct site inspections.
• Negotiate and close contracts
• Build/generate new leads to increase size of potential client database from cold calls and market prospecting to include, but not limited to conventions, corporations, DMCs, tour operators, meeting planners, associations, SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious and Fraternal) groups, concierges, hotels, organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Convention Center, Convention & Visitors Bureau, etc.) etc.
• Develop strategic and promotional plan to drive Special Event/Rental sales for the venue/region to reach/exceed annual goal. Plan to include strategic initiatives, competitive analysis, insights on new areas of opportunity, etc.
• Sales generation – maximize revenue while developing long-term relationships with clients (both local and national)
• Monitor changes in the sales / special events industry and develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
• Evaluate/identify potential business from new clients for both local market venues as well as Live Nation's portfolio of opportunities
• Seek out and develop relationship with local industries (i.e. corporations, hotels, non-profits, etc)
• Fully integrate into CVB to capitalize on the corporate and convention business that comes to the local market
• Become involved in local and national outside organizations directly related to the hospitality industry (i.e. MPI, PCMA, ISES, HSMAI)
• Attend local trade shows, participate in sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts
• Responsible for overall financial aspects involved in promoting and selling the venue
• Create and implement required reports on the productivity of sales by establishing revenue goals, enhancing client database, increasing check averages, managing contribution margin and exceeding goals in all categories
• Oversee and coordinate service vendors to fulfill client proposal and event needs
• File management of Caterease (Special Events software system)
• Strategic planning and forecasting
• Oversee all departmental accounting paperwork
• Development, management and fulfillment of the Special Event marketing budget
• Weekly reports to the GM on corporate sales trends, bookings, sales recaps and department productivity
• Submit monthly reports to GM and VP of Sales including, but not limited to: Special Event Revenue Report, Forecast, Revenue Pipeline, Talent Cost, Event Export Reports, Revenue Breakdown and Lost Business
II. Supervision of the Department(s)
• Execute weekly department meetings to keep staff informed, assess/set goals and create strategies for new business development
• Provide a positive and creative team environment within the department(s)
• Ensure accuracy and delivery of all required reports (SEO's, leads, event calendars, forecasting, sales revenue reports, etc) are distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
• Understand all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction and operational communication
• Serve as an advisor to staff members on logistical arrangements, recommend and monitor new business opportunities, develop professional and personal goals of the staff maximizing productivity and stimulating growth, both internally and externally
• Monitor office procedures to ensure timely returned calls, maintain filing, trace system, lost business and proper etiquette
• Handle all recruiting, hiring, disciplinary and terminations in accordance with all Live Nation policies
• Maintain open communication and handle conflict resolution with staff
• Conduct evaluations of staff, outline goals and monitor progress, maintain action plans, propose/ raise recommendations
• Ensure staff training is complete and satisfactory. Ensure consistent and on-going mentoring for department employees
• Monitor department office procedures
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Minimum of five years sales experience in the hospitality industry
• 3+ years of team leadership experience
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, restaurant and venue operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing), guest relations
• Skill in Interpersonal communications, organization, financial knowledge, and team building
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff, guests and partners in a positive effective manner
• Tolerance of all cultures, music and art forms
• Bachelor's Degree
Physical Work Demands:
• Ability to work in a very fast paced environment with considerable noise and interruptions. Must be able to change activity frequently.
• Flexible Schedule (days/nights, weekends).
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1w5yv-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.