VP, Client Partnerships
Vice Media Group
Complete responsibility and accountability for the success of the Special Events Sales department.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
• Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly and yearly financial goals
• Proactively solicit new business opportunities by conducting effective sales calls, make out-of-the-office sales calls and presentations to potential clients; handle special event inquiry calls; negotiate space, assist with clients catering needs through local caterer, create event proposals and conduct site inspections.
• Negotiate and close contracts
• Build/Generate new leads to increase size of potential client database from cold calls and market prospecting to include, but not limited to: conventions, corporations, DMCs, tour operators, meeting planners, associations, SMERF (Social, Military, Educational, Religious and Fraternal) groups, concierges, hotels, organizations (i.e. Chamber of Commerce, Convention Center, Convention & Visitors Bureau, etc.) etc.
• Develop strategic and promotional plan to drive Special Event/Rental sales for the venue/region to reach/exceed annual goal. Plan to include strategic initiatives, competitive analysis, insights on new areas of opportunity, etc.
• Sales generation – maximize revenue while developing long-term relationships with clients (both local and national)
• Monitors changes in the sales / special events industry and develop strategies to improve and adjust to those changes
• Evaluate / identify potential business from new clients for both local market venues as well as Live Nations portfolio of opportunities
• Seek out and develop relationship with local industries (i.e. corporations, hotels, non-profits, etc)
• Fully integrate into CVB to capitalize on the corporate and convention business that comes to the local market
• Become involved in local and national outside organizations directly related to the hospitality industry (i.e. MPI, PCMA, ISES, HSMAI)
• Attend local trade shows, participate in sales blitzes and other off-site sales efforts
• Responsible for overall financial aspects involved in promoting and selling the venue
• Create and implement required reports on the productivity of sales by establishing revenue goals, enhancing client database, increasing check averages, managing contribution margin and exceeding goals in all categories
• Oversee and coordinate service vendors to fulfill client proposal and event needs
• File management of Caterease (Special Events software system)
• Strategic planning and forecasting
• Oversee all departmental accounting paperwork
• Development, management and fulfillment of the Special Event marketing budget
• Weekly reports to the GM on corporate sales trends, bookings, sales recaps and department productivity
• Submit monthly reports to GM and VP of Sales including, but not limited to: Special Event Revenue Report, Forecast, Revenue Pipeline, Talent Cost, Event Export Reports, Revenue Breakdown and Lost Business
• Serve as an advisor to sales venue staff members on logistical arrangements, recommend and monitor new business opportunities, develop professional and personal goals of the staff maximizing productivity and stimulating growth, both internally and externally
• Provide a positive and creative team environment within the venue departments.
• Ensure accuracy and delivery of all required reports (SEO's, leads, event calendars, forecasting, sales revenue reports, etc) are distributed in a timely manner for proper planning
• Understand all operational department responsibilities, capabilities and limitations to smoothly ensure maximum guest satisfaction and operational communication
• Maintain office procedures to ensure timely returned calls, maintain filing, trace system, lost business and proper etiquette
• Maintain open communication and handle conflict resolution with staff
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• Working knowledge of local and regional markets, restaurant and venue
operations, computers (Windows environment, spreadsheet, databases, word processing), guest relations
• Skill in Interpersonal communications, organization, financial knowledge, and team building
• Ability to delegate, follow up, relate to staff and guests / clients in a positive effective manner
• Special requirements: High school diploma required
• Minimum of five years sales experience in the hospitality industry
• Bachelor's degree
• Working environment is fast-paced
• Flexible schedule (days/nights, weekends) and regular overnight travel
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x02m-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.