Who are you?
A creative and strategic thinker who is passionate about live music and the future of public relations and communications. You enjoy solving problems, work effectively with cross-functional teams and thrive in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving. You are an exceptional writer and communicator who finds the value in effective & strategic communications and storytelling. You're a self-starter who will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the initiatives of Live Nation's concerts and venue business.
The Director of Communications will be responsible for finding the best ways to tell the story of Venue Nation, which is a leading venue management company with a portfolio of 100+ venues in the US, including amphitheaters, ballrooms, theaters, and clubs. Venues are an integral element of the concert experience, bringing fans and artists together for unforgettable live music, while also serving as an anchor and important economic driver in their local communities. This lead will work collaboratively with leadership, marketing and operations teams to strategically tell stories and help amplify & support the businesses goals in each venue and region. The position will report into the Corporate Communications team, with dual report into the President of Venue Nation.
• Provide strategic communications across our portfolio of owned & operated venues as well as venue partners as needed
• Draft and execute creative ways to tell our business story and support marketing efforts
• Develop and pitch key stories related to venue openings, renovations, and operations
• Spotlight and drive awareness for major partnerships and initiatives related to food & beverage offerings, hospitality, sustainability, on-site experiences, sponsors, premium seat sales, and special & corporate events
• Grow and maintain relationships with industry press, national and regional outlets, as well as other key media
• Draft and distribute press materials, including press releases, statements, talking points, awards submissions, and more
• Support internal communications for the division including executive communications, townhalls, newsletters and more
• Collaborate closely with Concerts Communications and Corporate Communications teams to ensure alignment on strategy and messaging and support broader company efforts
• Provide communications guidance for issues management related to events or guest services
• Help direct engaging content, like videos and images, that can support broader communications and business goals
Education, Knowledge Desired & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
• Experience in communicating, pitching, and securing media required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Good eye for detail, writing ability, and proofreading skills
• Ability to work day, evening and weekend hours, based on the needs of daily business operations, plus regular travel
• Ability to multitask several projects while meeting assigned deadlines
• Interested in the music business with leadership ability and strong organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) as well as Google Drive including Google Docs, Slides and Sheets
• Understanding of social media and influencer landscape
• Maintain a positive public/professional profile at all times
• Previous experience using Muckrack a plus
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyx47q-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.