Manager, Human Resources and Recruiting
Beverly Hills, CA
Title: Director, Legal Affairs, Labor and Employment
Location: Los Angeles/Beverly Hills
Who are we?
Live Nation Entertainment is the world's leading live entertainment company, comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, and Live Nation Media & Sponsorship. Ticketmaster is the global leader in event ticketing with over 500 million tickets sold annually and more than 12,000 clients worldwide. Live Nation Concerts is the largest provider of live entertainment in the world promoting more than 30,000 shows and 95+ festivals annually for nearly 4,000 artists in over 40 countries. These businesses allow Live Nation Media & Sponsorship to create strategic music marketing programs that connect over 900 brands with the 86 million fans that attend Live Nation Entertainment events each year. For additional information, visit www.livenationentertainment.com.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
As Director, Legal Affairs, Labor and Employment, a successful attorney for this role will be responsible for assisting the SVP of Legal Affairs, Labor and Employment, Human Resources department and managers in the management and handling of all labor and employment and related compliance matters for Live Nation and its subsidiaries. This position is located in Los Angeles. The attorney will work closely with the SVP to ensure compliance with all labor and employment laws across the US and Canada, and occasionally globally, including the development and interpretation of relevant laws and drafting appropriate written policies and programs to ensure compliance with such laws. The Director will also assist the SVP with day-to-day advice and counsel and review and drafting of various employment related agreements. This attorney will act with the highest level of integrity and business and personal ethical standards in all aspects of job performance.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO in conjunction with the VP of Legal Affairs, Labor and Employment:
• Monitoring and researching federal, state, and local employment laws, regulations and legislative updates to ensure the company is reacting to and HR is receiving information timely.
• Proactively identifying and discussing emerging compliance issues with SVP and, as appropriate or directed, with HR or leadership, while also developing, preparing, and presenting compliance reporting to stakeholders, as necessary.
• Drafting appropriate policies and practices to ensure compliance with applicable employment laws.
• Supporting the HR leadership team to ensure that sound protocols and programs are in place to mitigate wage and hour, work authorization, and other HR and employment related compliance and risks.
• Managing routine compliance audits to ensure that HR and employment law compliance procedures are followed, and remediated as appropriate.
• Working with HR and business units to implement the recommendations and action items resulting from audits and new law updates.
• Leading employment law compliance related initiatives.
• Working with HR functions to assist in the development of employment compliance training programs.
• Collaborating with other functions to assess new projects and/or changes in process, or policy to identify controls and risks, to successfully communicate any changes needed and to develop any ongoing processes to ensure compliance.
• Assisting with, informing and creating necessary changes to the Employee Handbook as well as drafting and maintaining HR and employment policies.
• Providing general advice and counsel to HR and management on labor and employment related matters, as well as assisting with HR issues, wage and hour law, workers' compensation, unemployment and other state agency claims, labor relations, employee benefits, employment agreements and policy related issues, FMLA matters, employment related pre-litigation matters.
• Providing general assistance to the SVP of Legal Affairs, Labor and Employment and HR Department and performing other tasks as assigned from time to time by the SVP.
• Conducting investigations into high level employee relations matters
• Assisting with drafting, reviewing, analyzing and interpreting employment related agreements
• Updating templates for various employment related contracts.
• Handling other employment related matters as may be periodically assigned.
WHAT THIS PERSON WILL BRING
• J.D. from accredited law school and California bar membership in good standing, or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel.
• Minimum of 6 years experience focused on employment law and HR compliance.
• Experience identifying and resolving issues independently, litigating and/or assisting with or managing wage and hour and employment discrimination litigation.
• Experience and ability to collect, interpret, and identify relevance of compliance-related information from multiple sources.
• Ability to review data and conduct analysis to determine applicable trends and make recommendations.
• Experience developing and/or reviewing policies, employment agreements, and supporting documentation.
• General understanding of federal and state employment laws and regulations (California expertise a plus), including but not limited to: wage and hour, equal employment, FMLA and other mandated leave regulations, Immigration Reform and Control Act (I-9), sexual harassment prevention training, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization and outside counsel.
• Experience delivering compliance and employment law training in small and large group settings.
• Strong organizational and time management skills necessary to manage multiple assignments in a rapidly changing environment.
• Some prior in-house experience is preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to take initiative and multi-task in a highly demanding, deadline-driven environment with strong follow-up.
• Ability to learn quickly, and work with minimal supervision and with a team.
• Experience in interacting and communicating with all levels of business operations.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at www.livenationentertainment.com/careers to join the Live Nation Entertainment team today!
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
BENEFITS & PERKS - Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and baby bonus, infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: V
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8my9-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.