DIRECTOR, ADVERTISING SERVICES
Location: Toronto or Vancouver
Who are we?
Who are you?
We are looking for a leader in the paid advertising space that can lead our in-house media buying efforts to drive direct return on dollar.
The Director, Advertising Services will lead the day-to-day execution of thousands of show marketing campaigns nationally, while managing relationships with major Canadian media, major digital media, and the Live Nation US media team.
The Director of Advertising Services will drive business needs, problem solve operational roadblocks and have a vision for continuously evolving that is squarely placed in learnings from performance and our first party data.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Define overall performance strategy against advertising dollars while driving the teams focus on defined business key performance indicators.
• Work with senior management to define OKR's and key priorities.
• Lead a high performing national team of media buyers, planners, and specialists, to deliver against objectives while providing premium service to internal and external stakeholders through communication and transparency tools.
• Envision, energize, and enable the team and organization, securing buy-in. Champion a culture of innovative thinking and productivity.
• Build strong relationships with media, partners, and Live Nation Canada's Global advertising teams.
• Work closely with other departments to ensure overall company and departmental goals are being met.
• Be an architect of Live Nation Canada's adtech stack, reviewing process and opportunities with existing partners and working to grow the department's autonomy with new tech adoption.
• Be forward thinking in the continuous evolution of Live Nation Canada's approach to advertising, and find opportunities to ensure campaigns are impactful, creative, and performance driven.
• Negotiate upfront deals with key major media to secure national support, editorial commitments, reduced rates, and best in class content opportunities.
• Direct regular reviews with core media companies to ensure spending and targeting tactics are being met, and new opportunities are being pursued.
• Grow the reach of advertising services to serve other elements of the business, including sponsorship, JV partners, festival partners, venue marketing, and others.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Extensive experience leading an in-house media buying team. Demonstrated expertise in non-online purchasing (Radio, TV, and Outdoor)
• Digital experience with full digital marketing toolkits from social, search, programmatic, mobile, audio marketing channels. Extensive knowledge of the digital media landscape and media planning and buying functions across all major platforms. Having a passion for data, innovation, and live entertainment.
• Service driven approach given the internal (lines of business) and external (artists, managers, etc.) stakeholders.
• Previous experience in the music or entertainment field would be considered an asset.
• Comfortable working with smaller per campaign budgets, at volume that equal significant yearly spends.
• Proven ability to utilize a large amount of first party data, gather intelligence and execute effective targeted high ROI campaigns.
• Understanding of the privacy environment, where it is going and how to position tactics to ensure both compliance and return.
• Rigorous approach to deadline management, overseeing short term projects with short timelines and critical stage gates.
• You have a track record of mentoring and leading multi-level teams, retaining key talent and building a followership. Able to set a vision and motivate a team to achieve goals while creating a fun and productive culture.
• You have an ability to effectively and succinctly communicate with, and influence, multiple stakeholders across all levels.
• Evidence of an ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making, and execution are critical to organizational success.
• In depth knowledge of all major paid social platforms, Google Ads, Google Marketing Platform, and Google Analytics, Excel, Spotify, Asana, LiveRamp, Tableau, among others.
Marketing Owner: We work in a dynamic environment with a high degree of ambiguity. The successful candidate must be able to quickly identify problems, develop meaningful solutions and drive work forward with the support of other teas. We need a leader to ensure the delivery of ideas to market and shepherd others work to completion.
Builder, not a caretaker: We are creating new capabilities and may not have all of the systems and tools and people in place. You are comfortable with that level of ambiguity and thrive on the challenge of driving the business and function forward while building underlying capabilities.
Creative Thinker: The role is not just about managing within predefined bounds; it's also about thinking outside of the box and introducing novel solutions. We value innovation and want someone who is constantly thinking about ''what's next'' and challenging status quo.
Consumer Obsessed Leader: You place the fan at the centre of our plans and programs, even though we have many constituents to serve. You will become one of the same experts of the fan and understand the implications for creative, marketing, and other functions.
Sprinter and Marathon Runner: We are lean and move fast. Months of contemplation aren't a luxury we can afford. But we aim to build a long term, sustainable approached to limit rework and give our stakeholders confidence that we can stick to long-term strategies and roadmaps.
Cross Functional Team Player: We value transparency and helping one another. Communication and collaboration across the entire organization and developing an engaged team will lead to greater individual success.
People and Culture leader: Managing people is one thing, leading them and helping them develop is much better. The best candidates for this role will have a history of inspiring and nurturing their teams and enabling improvements in their capabilities.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnb8e3-34-204-180-223-42 in your application.