In the role of Engineer I, you will actively participate in overall solution and architecture design of the systems support by your team. While working under general supervision of the international core platform team leader, you will use your skills and experience to take initiatives, solve problems, resolve roadblocks and advanced troubleshooting techniques in order to fulfill the service objectives.
As an engineer at Ticketmaster, you'll work with colleagues focused on code quality, scalability and observability. Engineers are accountable of the quality of the code and features they build, that includes being responsible of testing (unit, integration, end to end, performance), CI/CD.
We are looking for someone eager to learn and able to adapt to change with the willingness to work on multiple projects with a large variety of technologies. You will be part of a DevOps & Agile team, responsible of the full end to end delivery of new functionalities, including testing and production support.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Develop core platform services
• Contribute to on-premise and AWS services
• Ensure quality by creating solid automated tests and deployments using gitlab pipelines
• Ensure application observability, performance and recovery
• Production support (pager duty rotation)
• Interact with Product Manager and other internal development teams
Description of the soft skills such as:
• Autonomous and proactive.
• Passionate about technology and transformation.
• Self-motivated activator, energetic and tenacious.
• Comfortable with working in cross functional and multidisciplinary teams.
• Excited about taking on challenging technical problems and devising creative solutions.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Experience with Design Patterns and SOLID principles
• 2+ years of experience with strong java/maven/springboot knowledge
• SQL knowledge is a must
• Experience w/ Agile methodologies
• Experience with CI/CD
• Experience working in an agile SOA development environment
• Demonstrated scripting ability (e.g. python, golang)
• Working knowledge of one or more database products (e.g. Oracle, MySQL)
• C/C++ experience a plus
• Virtualization technology (docker/kubernetes) a plus
• Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate closely with remote team members.
• Bilingual: French, English