JOB DESCRIPTION: COMMUNICATIONS LEAD, MEDIA RELATIONS – NORTH AMERICA
Location: US (East Coast preferred)
Division: Global Communications
Line Manager: Global Communications Director
Contract Terms: Salary, Full-time
With so much innovation and growth happening at Ticketmaster and within the live events industry, it is an exciting time to join the team. Global Communications is responsible for extending a unified narrative across all internal and external stakeholder groups and has direct oversight of external communications, media relations and employee communication. As the team grows to support our global organization, we are seeking high-performing, collaborative communications professionals to join us.
We're looking for a team member who can focus on managing Ticketmaster's North American media relations. This role will oversee incoming media inquiries, monitoring coverage, building media relationships, maintaining our media database and seeking proactive opportunities to share our story. This role will be responsible for instituting successful media relations practices in the North American market, while collaborating as part of the broader Ticketmaster Global Communications team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Manage Ticketmaster's North America media relations approach, monitoring the media inbox, providing real-time coverage for inbound inquiries, coordinating and drafting responses.
• Manage Ticketmaster's online newsroom, including brainstorming, writing, curating, and developing news releases, articles, videos and assets.
• Monitor, measure and distribute media reports for all Ticketmaster North America media coverage.
• Maintain Ticketmaster's North America media database as well as build media lists for proactive media campaigns.
• Work with Communications leadership to develop messages for external audiences.
• Develop copy for external channels as appropriate (social media responses, blogs, etc.).
• Write, distribute and pitch press releases and other media materials.
• Draft interview and media briefing documents, ensuring adherence to Ticketmaster's key messages.
• Proactively collaborate with entire Global Communications team to conceptualize and execute strategic communications campaigns.
• Support special projects that contribute to Ticketmaster's brand recognition and collaborate with the broader Global Communications team as directed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• Minimum of 5+ years of communications experience required, emphasis on media relations, corporate communications or social media strongly preferred.
• Exceptional verbal and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present it in a clear, concise and conversational manner.
• Must be a strong writer and proofreader.
• Experience in drafting social media copy and working with influencers a plus.
• Proven experience of delivering results with impact.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and adapt to rapidly changing business needs.
• Proficiency in MS Office required.
YOU (BEHAVIORAL SKILLS)
• A strategic, critical thinker with amazing storytelling skills who can work in a fast-paced environment, with strong attention to detail with all assignments.
• Creative, proactive and enthusiastic; self-starter willing to lead initiatives with confidence.
• Positive attitude and willingness to participate on projects and events in any way – big or small.
• Team player who is open to feedback and other perspectives.
• Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rze283-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.