Imagine how it feels to know that your work has a major impact on creating memories that are treasured forever. That is what it's like working at Live Nation Clubs & Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment. We are the country's preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in custom-designed environments, aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled live entertainment experiences. That means millions of pictures snapped, new friends made, and unbelievable stories to pass on.
Our wide range of owned, operated, and managed venues include the legendary Fillmore venues, the intimate House of Blues clubs, and a long list of beautiful, one-of-a-kind theaters throughout the United States – a perfect backdrop for the next stage in your career.
Who are you?
We love rock stars. When it comes to building our team, we want rocks stars like you. Someone who is passionate and motivated. Resourceful, innovative, forward-thinking, and committed. Okay, hopefully you don't trash your hotel room on a regular basis, but you are driven by an entrepreneurial spirit that we love.
Unity in Diversity
Our fans come together for one reason and one reason only, and that is the love of live entertainment. In celebration of this fact, we proudly believe our workforce should be a reflection of the diversity of our music venues, genre styles, and the guests that enjoy our shows. Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence.
The General Manager is responsible for the full responsibility for all aspects of the entertainment venue and business operations.
I. Venue Development and Management
• Development: Clearly communicates performance expectations to direct reports; provides constructive and consistent feedback to Department Heads; confronts performance/conduct issues with direct reports and other members of management promptly and directly; creates incentives for improvement and development; sets realistic and attainable goals for Department Heads and provides encouragement and direction; prepares timely and productive performance appraisals of all Department Heads; oversees Associate GM in preparation performance appraisals for other managers; oversees all management compensation decisions and ensures decisions are made within parameters of HOB Compensation Program; prepares written action or development plans for Department Heads, where appropriate; assesses Department Head competencies in accordance with Performance Development Program; creates and implements Manager Development Plans in accordance with the Performance Development Program; ensures that Department Heads' development goals and objectives are being met; ensures that Department Heads are consistently providing feedback and development to hourly and management TeamMembers; regularly consults with Home Office on Department Head development issues.
Oversees all management discipline and terminations, with HR Manager and Associate; responds to misconduct/policy violations immediately, consistently and in accordance with HOB procedures; ensures that all disciplinary matters are handled after thorough investigation and gathering of facts; ensures that written disciplinary action is taken, as appropriate; ensures follow through on all consequences identified in disciplinary actions; follows all HOB procedures on terminations, including consulting with HR Manager in advance of all terminations; handles all discipline and/or terminations in a professional, unemotional and respectful manner and ensures that all HOB managers do the same; consults with Home Office on all Department Head disciplinary matters or terminations.
• Ensuring Compliance With Workplace Standards: Constantly monitors environment to ensure workplace free of discrimination and harassment; responds immediately and appropriately to any issue of workplace harassment; notifies HR of any issues; actively discourages off-color or inappropriate joking, stereotyping or teasing (including any racial, ethnic or sexual slurs), negativity and gossip; maintains a high personal standard of professionalism; acts as a positive role model in both on-duty and off-duty conduct; immediately responds to any suspected illegal or unauthorized activity by HOB Team Members while on duty or on HOB property; protects confidentiality of all HOB and Team Member information; ensures respect for Team Members' privacy.
• Communications: facilitates productive and concise meetings (i.e. department head, manager and all-staff meetings), ensuring positive interaction among all participants; ensures positive inter-departmental communication; keeps all members of management and hourly Team Members apprised of and excited about venue or company-wide happenings; accepts feedback and development in positive, non-defensive manner; encourages open and candid discussion among team; encourages debate and positive confrontation among team; shares useful information with other venues and with home office; responds promptly to all e-mails, voice mails, pages, or calls from staff, other members of management team or Home Office.
• Overall Venue Leadership: Creates culture and character for the venue and the work environment through his/her own conduct as well as by constant awareness of actions of all managers; acts as resource for entire venue; ensures that all Team Members have a compassionate and empathetic forum to raise concerns; ensures prompt response to all Team Member issues; responds in a compassionate (but fair and consistent) manner to all individuals; accepts ultimate responsibility/accountability for actions of all venue management; maintains personal contact/interaction with Team Members of all levels throughout venue; creates and encourages synergy between all venue departments; mediates and resolves disputes among departments; takes active leadership role in all venue emergencies; creates environment where individuals are unafraid to be creative, take risks, express differing viewpoints; while ensuring that all management is supportive (both publicly and privately) of ultimate decisions; monitors enforcement of and ensures compliance with all HOB venue and company-wide policies standards; work cooperatively with General Counsel on all venue litigation matters; ensures that all venue permits, certificates and licenses are maintained, up to date, and posted, as required by law; encourages and fosters positive, cooperative relationship between all venue personnel and the Home Office.
• Talent Relations: Understands music industry trends, works with talent buyer in reaching decisions regarding talent; provides direction to and manages Talent Buyer in selecting and booking talent; analyzes the financial results of the different types of talent choices; resolves conflicts between talent and sales & marketing departments in best interests of overall venue; ensures that needs of artists and industry representatives are met and that artists receives excellent experience in playing the venue.
• Sales & Marketing: Analyzes demographics of the market and looks for opportunities to increase markets; works with marketing and promotions staf
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8169q-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.