CLIENT DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Location: Los Angeles, CA., Chicago, IL., New York, NY., or remote in US
Division: Portfolio Companies (Universe)
Line Manager: SVP, Clubs
Contract Terms: Permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week
We're fans who help fans everywhere get into the live events they love. A proud division of Live Nation Entertainment, Ticketmaster has changed the way the world connects with their favourite artists, teams, and shows, and we continue to shape innovation every day. We're not just selling tickets (though we do that better than anyone else), we're enriching lives one amazing experience at a time. And we think that's pretty amazing. If you're passionate about the magic of live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
The Client Development Director will focus exclusively on developing new business opportunities as well as managing an assigned set of strategic accounts within the Universe portfolio across the NA market. This role be responsible for prospecting new clients, managing, and supporting the account-related needs of all clients you are assigned to. In addition, this role will work closely with the SVP, Clubs to develop and execute the sales strategy and the penetration of key markets, such as Attractions, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Direct and collaborate on the development of an account management blueprint, ensuring maximization of revenue and renewals within our client base
• Create, maintain, and develop a sales pipeline through cold calling, email campaigns, and industry knowledge
• Identify, qualify, and lead the strategy to pursue and win opportunities by connecting and communicating effectively at the Senior Executive level
• Deliver a value and consultative based sales pitch to position Universe as a strategic partner for prospective clients
• Develop and implement strategies to upsell existing clients on products, programs, or services that drive ticket sales and revenue for your segment; track, monitor, and adjust plans to maximize result
• Develop, share, and implement best practices for assigned market segments
• Forecast clients' ticket/revenue contribution to the segment's annual business plan by developing client level business plans, including account strategy, profitability analysis, and program projections
• Complete ad hoc sales operations support as requested
• Monitor service levels provided by support teams to ensure SLAs are being met
• Coach and collaborate with others on the client support, marketing, and account management teams to ensure effective, consistent communication of Ticketmaster's capabilities, services, and relevant offerings for our clients
• Responsible for retention of all clients within assigned portfolio, ensuring maximum margin levels through the renewal engagement
• Comprehensively collaborate with a cross-functional team, providing distinct support functions to clients, ultimately maximizing client satisfaction scores
• Identify new account opportunities, directing the customer acquisition process against a set of annual sales goals
• Proactively conduct strategic account reviews with all assigned clients on a regular basis to review service needs and sales trends. Identify products and pricing that meet client needs and business objectives
• Retain accounts through the development of strong relationships with key decision makers and users within an organization
• Proactively develop relationships with key system and product users and provide product team with client feedback on product improvements
• Address client concerns and ensure the resolution of issues in a timely manner, while providing appropriate follow-up as needed
• Deliver ongoing market analysis and assessment of competitors and market intelligence with a focus on the future and value creation
• Maintain Company's contact management database (Salesforce) with accurate, up-to-date contact and activity details
• Monitor and report on the activities of competitors and potential collaborators, while identifying business opportunities and threats
• Provide product responses and reviews of RFPs
• Working closely with the SVP, Clubs and Legal to execute and maintain contracts and contract execution for client base
Our job descriptions evolve with our business needs and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional duties, responsibilities, and team support as needed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 5-7 years of experience in the live entertainment industry with a strong focus on business development, ticket sales/service, and account development
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing or related field
• MBA would be a plus but is not required
• Excellent customer service, communication, and consulting skills
• Analytical and strategic thinking
• Strong presentation skills
• Expert project manager
• Proven track record of exceeding sales targets and understanding of contract structure and negotiations
• Strong competence in Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Business Acumen – You understand and can apply general business concept, using external networks to understand market situations and industry.
• Problem Solving and Innovation – Gathering appropriate perspective and insights and seeking win-win solutions by remaining open to alternative approaches and being proactive in generating new ideas. Ability to maintain a balances perspective and see all sides of an issue an manage problems in a timely and effective manner. A free and independent thinker, open to new ideas and concepts.
• Organizational Skills – Manages competing priorities of several teams/departments/locations. Tasks and project management orientation (with the ability to hold others accountable).
• Winning Teamwork – Collaborating with others in a respectful manner and openly sharing information amongst the team to assist in achieving Ticketmaster goals and objectives. Taking the time to empathize and understand where others are coming from, along with showing recognition and appreciation for the contribution of others.
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team.
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakehold
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9q5bm-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.