JOB DESCRIPTION – Associate Manager, Research and Insights
Location: Hybrid - Los Angeles, CA
Division: Insights and Analytics
Line Manager: Manager, Research and Insights
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
The Insights and Analytics Team at Ticketmaster is a highly skilled and collaborative team that identifies opportunities for improvements to product features and drives overall revenue by innovating new ways to look at data and providing analysis and insights. Members of the Insights and Analytics Team partner with business teams across multiple functions including Product, Design, Sales, Marketing, Strategy, & Finance providing analyses covering fan insights, ticket sales, shopping behavior, site analytics, incremental revenue streams, venue/client analysis, and customer lifetime value.
We are seeking an experienced Manager of Research to drive customer understanding and empathy into the organization's goals and culture. Working across the entire organization – Product + Design + Tech + Strategy + Marketing – your mission will be to guide new and existing research efforts that generate a holistic understanding of live music, theatre and sports fan needs, desires, motivations and aspirations. You will have the ability to oversee high-impact initiatives immediately and be expected to lead, train, motivate, and develop employee skills on research sources, systems, tools, and targeting techniques.BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is 'Taking Care of Our Own' through 6 pillars of benefits:
• HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
• YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
• WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
• FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and infertility support
• CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
• OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• You have deep research experience and have worked collaboratively with Global Product, Design, and Marketing teams
• You are an expert in understanding a wide variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies and have a proven track record of applying the appropriate methods for maximum results
• You have experience building strong relationships across a global organization and establishing the research team as a key strategic partner that provides actionable insights that help drive new business initiatives
• You are inquisitive by nature and can see relationships between disparate research inputs, generating meaningful conclusions that provide actionable insights for product, design, marketing, and strategy
• As an exceptional communicator and storyteller, you have experience in discovering, synthesizing, and socializing insights that helps drive business conversations forward and spark new business ideas across a broad audience – from individual product team members to C-level executives
• Ability to partner with data analytics team to triangulate and understand our fans' needs and provide actionable insights that helps stakeholders make informed business decisions
• You are a leader with proven people management skills and have experience developing best practices, build research processes, and mentor researchers to improve overall analytic and research functions at the company
• You can assess existing research programs, prioritize in-house research efforts, and understand when and how to leverage 3rd-party vendors
• Experience managing a small team of researchers and oversee a network of research vendors, contractors, and platforms
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
• 8+ years of quantitative and qualitative research experience
• 2+ years of experience managing researchers
• Strong analytical and interpretive skills with the ability to distill vast amounts of data (qualitative, quantitative, secondary, etc.) into an insightful story with actionable recommendations
• Ability to design and run studies independent of vendor intervention (e.g. large surveys, focus groups, etc).
• Experience with market research and expertise in UX research
• Ability to manage highly interdependent projects and keep various work streams on track.
• Experience with third-party web & mobile analytics tools
• Familiarity with SQL skills or similar business intelligence software a plus
• Served as a thought partner with executive and cross-functional leadership teams
• Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field a plus
YOU (BEHAVIORAL SKILLS)
• Ability to partner with stakeholders understand their use case, develop analytical frameworks, and provide data driven strategic business insight
• Strong interest and skills in problem solving and issue resolution
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company.Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r14vev-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.