Venue: O2 Academy Brixton
Company: Academy Music Group
Reports to: Bar manager
Working hours: Full-time
The assistant bar manager is responsible for O2 Academy Brixton's multiple bars, stock control procedures and management of a large and diverse team of front-of-house employees. The role is to ensure our bars' operation is executed to the highest standard across a wide variety of live shows and events. The assistant bar manager will work closely with the bar manager to drive financial success and achieve annual company targets.
Our assistant bar manager is an integral member of the team at our prestigious and internationally renowned South London venue, where our shows and events are as diverse as the individuals within it. With a positive and supportive approach, the successful candidate will inspire a dedicated, creative team, drive our core values of excellence and inclusivity, and deliver the very best experiences in live entertainment.
• Experience in bar supervision or management in the hospitality industry or live venues
• Proficient in Microsoft Office packages and EPOS systems
• Knowledge in cellar management
• Understanding of health and safety regulations and licensing
What We Need
• Demonstrable leadership and motivation of others
• Enthusiasm for the live events, club and hospitality industry
• Flexibility to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings/public holidays)
• Attention to detail and good communication skills
• What you'll be doing
• Recruitment and training of front-of-house employees
• Stock management, ordering and regular stock-takes
• Smooth running of operational responsibilities
• Supervision of a large team
• Achieving targets as set by the bar manager
• Assist in forecasting revenues and cost control
• Financial reporting
• Cash management
• Processing weekly payroll
• Duty management at live events
• Liaison with suppliers, partners and head office
• Bars and cellars maintenance and repair and service organisation
• Supervision of deliveries
• First-class client and customer service
• Highest levels of cleanliness and hygiene across all bar operations
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry, this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five and the industry is demanding, with sometimes long and unsociable hours. The excitement and energy of the shows and events we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this position is no exception so get ready to bring your very best to the role.
Academy Music Group (AMG) is the UK's leading owner and operator of live music and entertainment venues with award-winning credentials. Several of our historic theatres are unique institutions of British music and culture and our vision is to inspire artists and audiences by hosting unforgettable live performances.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbbzk-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.