JOB DESCRIPTION – Analyst, Marketplace Strategy & Operations
Location: West Hollywood, CA or Chicago, IL
Line Manager: Category Management Manager
Contract Terms: Regular/Full-Time
The Marketplace Strategy & Operations team at Ticketmaster owns and drives the revenue and profit performance for key marketplace verticals across professional and college sports, theater/arts, and concerts. The team is responsible for identifying and executing commercial strategies and optimizing critical business levers for each vertical, with an emphasis on selling through our ticket inventory to drive hundreds of millions of dollars of incremental ticket sales.
The Analyst, Marketplace Strategy & Operations role will be responsible for supporting the marketplace strategy & operations team in driving the revenue and profit performance for marketplace verticals such as NFL, NBA, NHL, Arts, Concerts, etc. The role will be pivotal in delivering critical data and business intelligence to vertical managers and senior leadership on a daily basis. In addition to day-to-day operational support and analysis, the candidate will support the development of short-term and long-term strategies that cover all aspects of Ticketmaster's marketplace including marketing, pricing, supply, distribution, operations, business development, finance, and product, etc. These strategies will provide the candidate with a broad range of high-impact experience and drive millions of dollars of incremental ticket sales across multiple verticals. The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical and data analysis skills but also have the ability to storytell and recognize the ''so what'' of any project or analysis.
• Conduct rigorous, fact-based data analyses that result in actionable insights and impactful results for the business
• Own, maintain, and develop best-in-class business intelligence dashboards and reporting
• Be the subject matter expert for everything involving data and business intelligence on the marketplace strategy and operations team
• Craft appropriate stories using data to influence cross-functional stakeholders to take action against insights developed
• Understand key financial and business levers within Marketplace, earning a reputation as a valued contributor with strong business acumen
• Develop a deep understanding of Ticketmaster's marketplace and existing processes/products to identify gaps that need to be addressed
• Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships to execute against vertical growth strategies
• Create innovative, analytically based approaches to measure and manage the business; share best practices to improve the organization's capabilities and drive a culture of continuous learning/unlearning.
• Ideally 2+ years of experience in a consulting, strategy, or comparable analytics-heavy environment. Experience in e-commerce, technology, or entertainment/media is a plus.
• Bachelor's Degree in economics, finance, business, mathematics, or engineering
• Highly proficient in Excel and with general data analysis. Experience with business intelligence and/or data visualization software (Tableau, Domo, Lookr, Qlik etc) is preferred
• Strong and inquisitorial analytical skills including the ability to understand, synthesize, segment, and analyze large complex datasets resulting in actionable insights
• Strong business and financial acumen. Ability to understand the economic drivers behind a variety of business models
• Demonstrated ability to stay organized and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-impact environment
• Desire to help create a fun and productive culture
• COVID-19 vaccination will be required for this position subject to legally valid exemptions
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
• Analytical Prowess: Get excited working with large data sets and be able to deftly structure analytical approaches to problem solving.
• Business Driver: can generally identify and define business problems while proactively identifying potential solutions
• Creative Thinker: Think outside of the box, introduce novel solutions, think about ''what's next'' and challenging the status quo
• Persuasive Storyteller: Share insights effectively to drive business strategy and change behavior
• Cross-functional team player: Communicate and collaborate across the entire team to help deliver key category initiatives
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world's largest live entertainment company. Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world's largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you're passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33nz4-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.