Finance Assistant - Accounts Payable
London, United Kingdom
Company: Academy Music Group
Location: Brixton, London
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Working hours: Permanent, full time, 40 hours per week
The Accounts Assistant looks after the day-to-day accounts for venues within Academy Music Group. Requiring a high level of attention to detail, the role is to ensure accurate posting of transactions within accounts, investigate errors/variances through account reconciliations, and to support the venues in everyday accounts queries. In addition to these, the Accounts Assistant also has AP and AR duties including preparing payment runs and posting sales invoices to Oracle.
The team comprises approximately 15 individuals with a wealth of experience working within Academy Music Group/Live Nation and other organisations.
Whilst the role has ownership of specific functions, the emphasis within the Finance department is on teamwork. The smooth running of the department, and the company, is dependent on all individuals focusing on team goals as well as individual. This is particularly important around tight deadlines, at month end, and year end. We support each other by maintaining an atmosphere of approachability and are committed to building authentic and valuable relationships within the team.
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• Computer Literacy – Excel, Outlook
• Strong administration and time management skills
• Experience working in a busy finance department
• Good working knowledge of debits and credits
• Experience using Oracle
• Strong attention to detail
• Detailed and thorough approach
• Ability to work on own initiative & self-motivation to meet challenging deadlines
• Team Player
What the Role Involves
• Inputting weekly show information received from venues onto Oracle – settlements, bar reports, booking fees and cash and sales reports
• Completing weekly/monthly bank reconciliations on Oracle from bank statements
• Month end procedures – safe reconciliations, credit card and cash collection reconciliations, petty cash journals, prepayment reconciliations
• Completing monthly Advanced Ticket Sales reconciliations – making sure that figures match information from Ticket Outlets and dealing with any differences
• Carrying out internal audits at venues and reporting this information to management
• Assisting with year-end audit requests – preparing relevant back up in advance, and responding to queries, as required by the Financial Accountant and Financial Controller
• Other Ad-Hoc duties
• Inputting invoices onto Oracle
• Maintaining up to date, neat, accurate purchase ledgers
• Dealing with weekly and monthly payment batches
• Completing monthly creditor reconciliations from supplier statements
• Maintaining accurate prepayments spreadsheets
• Complying with all relevant SOX procedures
• Inputting sales invoices and receipts onto Oracle and reconciling to payments received
• Compiling monthly debtors reports from Oracle and sending out to venues
• Making sure that debtors responses are received from venue and action taken where necessary
While this is a great opportunity in an exciting industry, this is not just a chance to see shows for free! The role is not your ordinary nine-to-five and the industry is demanding, with sometimes long and unsociable hours. The excitement and energy of the shows and events we create comes from the hard work and dedication we commit to our work, and this position is no exception so get ready to bring your very best to the role.
Academy Music Group (AMG) is the UK's leading owner and operator of live music and entertainment venues with award-winning credentials. Several of our historic theatres are unique institutions of British music and culture and our vision is to inspire artists and audiences by hosting unforgettable live performances.
AMG is part of Live Nation Entertainment which is the world's leading live entertainment company comprised of global market leaders: Ticketmaster, Live Nation Concerts, LN Media and Artist Nation Management.
APPLICATION DEADLINE MONDAY 3rd MAY - we reserve the right to close applications at any time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx398j-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.