Analyst, North American Distribution Research
New York, NY
Summary of Position
Accomplished, highly-skilled and strategically-focused attorney with extensive experience providing legal counsel throughout the ecosystem of licensing, marketing and sales of media content across multiple distribution platforms.
• Negotiate, draft, interpret, administer and manage affiliate distribution licenses for all STARZ premium video product via all U.S. distribution platforms, including traditional (cable, satellite and telco) and especially digital platforms.
• Negotiate, draft, interpret, administer and manage agency partnerships for offering the STARZ direct-to-consumer Internet application.
• Support all marketing initiatives for distribution ecosystem.
• Coordinate regulatory compliance of the STARZ premium video product.
• Coordinate with and support the Senior Executive Team and strategic corporate initiatives.
• Manage outside counsel, as appropriate.
Qualifications and Skills
• Juris Doctor degree.
• Admitted to the State Bar of New York.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in a major, reputable law firm focused on IP/transactional practice areas.
• Minimum of 3 years' transactional distribution experience for major television networks, studios and/or media distribution companies in the United States.
• Superior drafting skills.
• Expert understanding of various distribution architectures and the applicable rights distinctions, including digital delivery platforms.
• Experience analyzing, reviewing and approving marketing material.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure against deadlines.
• Highly motivated, extremely detail-oriented, organized and able to work independently.
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.