Summary of Position
The SVP of Analytics will drive the Motion Picture Group's analytics agenda, working in close partnership with leaders across the Strategy & Innovation vertical and the Motion Picture Group at large. This is a great opportunity for a collaborative learner and critical thinker who is looking for their work to make an impact on how movies are made and released. The ideal candidate possesses an equal amount of analytical rigor and flexibility in communication and working styles -- and is someone who regularly geeks out on new data, new technologies and new tools while maintaining focus on the priorities of the business. This role is located inside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, researchers, analysts, innovators and engineers who are solving some of the studio's biggest challenges. As a key leader within the Motion Picture Group's Strategy vertical, the SVP of Analytics will have a chance to drive real change at a time of unprecedented industry transformation. Come join us!
• Planning & Performance:
• Support in the development of Motion Picture Group strategic plans and learning agendas, identifying where analytics can be of service.
• Create and deploy an analytics roadmap that addresses the most driving needs of the Motion Picture Group and where data is most likely to provide value.
• Partner with Data Strategy, Products & Platforms and Engineering to set and execute on an infrastructure and tool roadmap that will enable analytics goals to be accomplished.
• Support leadership in the creation and deployment of MPG performance metrics and benchmarks as a key part of the Strategy & Innovation vertical.
• Create and apply a method of evaluating ROI of analytics initiatives, with a focus on application of learnings and potential impact to the Motion Picture Group.
• Create and manage an analytics budget and organizational plan based on Motion Picture Group needs and priorities. Advocate effectively when more resources are required.
• Enable staff and vendors to operate at peak performance, creating a culture where people feel safe to be their authentic selves, work autonomously, raise concerns and ''fail fast and often.''
• Oversee and coach analytics team in delivery of day-to-day insights focused on informing creative decisions, improving marketing campaign feedback loop, and spotting trends in title-level sales performance data.
• Thought Leadership:
• Serve as a thought leader across the organization, sharing information and resources via a range of channels in a way that generates real impact. Support analytics skills development across the Motion Picture Group to enable richer intelligence and broader application of insights over time.
• Build relationships with subject matter experts inside Lionsgate/Starz, across entertainment and in other sectors to benchmark progress, generate ideas and remain abreast of the latest vendors, technologies and tools. Execute regular pilots that experiment with new potential solutions to existing problems. Assess where the ''juice is worth the squeeze'' and work with team to onboard.
• Assess prepared reports currently delivered on a standing basis. Reimagine, automate or eliminate low-impact work and make room for higher-value deliverables.
• Stakeholder Management:
• Engage with stakeholders across the Motion Picture Group to understand over-arching business and creative questions. Steer discovery conversations to get to the underlying assumptions, biases and unknowns. Translate findings into analytics questions.
• Define and proactively share project expectations, updates and timelines with stakeholders across the organization, being upfront about which questions data cannot (yet) answer, when deadlines are not realistic or where the time/effort investment needed to get an answer isn't worth the likely result.
• Communicate findings and recommendations to stakeholders clearly and confidently, adapting the delivery of the message to speak to different audiences while remaining consistent on the message itself.
Qualifications & Skills
• 2+ years' experience leading marketing analytics for a dynamic organization in media, entertainment, consumer products or related fields with direct supervision over 2+ staff and frequent interactions with high-level leadership
• MS degree in Statistics, Analytics, Applied Mathematics or Data Science or equivalent practical experience
• Experience running consumer segmentation and sizing, full-funnel campaign metrics and evaluation, social sentiment analysis, creative A/B testing and multivariate data analysis
• Direct experience leading BI tools and teams to visualize data for non-technical audiences
• Direct experience working and/or supervising others in R, Python, SQL, AWS, Spark and Tableau
• Exceptional people management skills – ability to quickly establish and maintain trust, credibility and confidence with a diverse staff (of varying levels, functions and perspectives)
• Excellent coaching and problem-solving abilities – highly attuned/active listening, root cause identification and ability to effectively translate feedback into analytics questions and insights that provide meaning
• Growth mindset – intellectual curiosity, a willingness to experiment and an ability to map complex problems, discover new ways to answer them and continuously improve/iterate
• Operational flexibility – understanding of and experience with real-world challenges, scenarios and timelines, including competing priorities, disparate data sets, multivariate problems and multi-step consumer journeys
Nice to Haves
• Prior direct experience interacting with VIP's (including top business leaders and celebrities)
• Experience partnering with Engineering and Data Science teams on machine learning/AI driven solutions
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykboq-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.