Coordinator, Global Paid Media & Analytics
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
LIONSGATE Motion Picture Group is looking for an analytics leader who excels at translating complex business questions into analytics solutions that deliver impact. This role will play a critical leadership role in how Motion Picture Group executives use data to make decisions in how LIONSGATE's movies are made, marketed and distributed.
This role will work alongside a growing department of critical thinkers, strategists, researchers, analysts, innovators and engineers who are solving some of the studio's biggest challenges. It is an opportunity to deliver tangible value inside the industry's largest independent motion picture studio.
Your work will be viewed by business executives and strategists; directors, actors and producers; and creatives in marketing, movie development and production. And as a valued member of the team, you will have a chance to contribute in driving real change at a time of unprecedented industry transformation.
You will lead a team of analysts tasked with designing, developing, maintaining analytics solutions that support a growing array of business teams. You will provide day to day guidance of team members and manage the analytics engagement model with the broader MPG group. You will work closely with various parts of the Data Strategy & Innovation team to leverage existing and new datasets to create better analytics solutions and tell better data stories.
• Lead analytics and visualization projects end to end through close partnership and collaboration with MPG stakeholders
• Help create and manage the analytics engagement/service model with stakeholders that delivers high impact analytics solutions
• Gather needs, intelligence gaps and strategic/tactical questions from business and creative users; translate into technical requirements and project plans
• Collaborate with internal teams to identify and assess new/existing data sources for possible use in analytics applications; help Product team with third-party data valuation and negotiation; partner with Data Engineering team to ingest, clean, structure and store data
• Harness quantitative data and qualitative insights from licensed platforms for use in intelligence reports and dashboards
• Design and test new analytical frameworks, helping to create new OKR's and KPI's reflective of desired business outcomes
• Communicate findings to stakeholders of all levels clearly and effectively
• Stay abreast of new methods, trends and best practices in analytics and visualization (particularly in the entertainment industry)
• Participate in ad hoc studio projects and initiatives that advance intelligence, development measurement frameworks and enhance business and creative strategies
Qualifications & Skills
• 4+ years of experience working with Tableau on a self-directed basis at a high proficiency; additional experience with other visualization platforms a plus but not required
• 5+ years of hands-on experience in business intelligence/analytics or similar, preferably supporting a strategy team, marketing department or inside an analytics/insights agency; experience working in or around entertainment a strong plus
• 2+ years of management experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an analytical field (computer science, mathematics, statistics, or economics)
• Experience working with large data sets, creating/maintaining data pipelines, and unrefined, incomplete or nonexistent systems of measurement
• Experience in experimentation design, implementation, and analysis
• Stellar business communication skills with an ability to actively listen and ask questions to unpack meaning from and further understanding of business users, articulate complex concepts in a clear way, offer constructive feedback and distill meaning
• Ability to translate business needs into analytical hypotheses, project requirements, statistical analyses and end visualizations and dashboards that are easy for non-technical audiences to comprehend and navigate
• Ability to work collaboratively with Engineering, Product and Design teams to meet or exceed business team expectations
• Exceptional project management skills, organizational abilities, problem solving proficiencies and attention to detail
• Familiarity with productivity tools like Jira, Asana, Microsoft Office, Google suite
Nice to Haves
• Master's degree or equivalent in an analytic field (computers science, mathematics, statistics, or economics)
• Knowledge of media and advertising landscape
• Familiar with media measurement methodologies
• Experience with SQL
• Knowledge of and some coding ability in Python or R
• An interest in movies or entertainment a plus
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.