Summary of Position
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for an Executive Director, A/V Production in our Global Marketing department. This position will support the SVP, Operations & Asset Management. The Global Marketing Operations group oversees the production and distribution of all marketing material worldwide while driving efficiencies across the division. Asset management, workflow optimization and partner engagement are core tenets of the group. As such, Global Marketing Operations touches all aspects of the film marketing process from production to creative to digital to media and beyond.
The ideal candidate will serve as a ''Marketing Ambassador'' with hybrid functions for the Marketing division with one foot in operations and the other in strategy. This person oversees and coordinates all aspects of Marketing A/V post-production, both domestic and international. The candidate will work closely with other Global Marketing teams, as well as outside vendors, to coordinate the production and finish of A/V materials needed in order to adhere to linear and digital Marketing campaign objectives across theatrical and home entertainment. The candidate will also manage all post-production A/V assets for all theatrical and home entertainment titles, utilizing cloud-based and other online platforms to ensure delivery of said assets. In addition, said candidate will work in concert with other departments to develop and maintain Marketing A/V budgets for all theatrical titles, carefully accounting for all work completed and proper compensation to all outside vendors.
The right candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter who is eager to learn and is extremely detail-oriented with knowledge A/V and digital marketing deliverables, digital asset management workflows and a love for film and the creative process. Must have the ability to multi-task, be able to analyze data, possess strong time management skills, and have 8-10 years' experience in Marketing/Advertising/Business/Film/TV related fields.
• Coordinate material for A/V vendors: As necessary, coordinate elements to supply both creative and finishing A/V vendors. This includes delegating tasks to the A/V production team to ensure a steady workflow
• Work alongside creative marketing to monitor when cuts are sent to filmmakers for approval and anticipate material needs for an expeditious and successful finish
• Work alongside legal to ensure MPA, guild, legal and network compliance
• Ensure team is breaking down shot list and working with VFX team to deliver shots and unmatted elements
• Trailer finishing: work with finishing supervisor to finish the domestic and Int'l trailers as well as cutdowns, teases, bumpers, etc. at the same time for the purpose of coordinating centralized, global workflow
• Trailer Debuts - In concert with Int'l., coordinate trailer materials for global trailer debut
• Maintain trailer finishing schedules (outline key finishing dates, coordinate resources and keep all parties informed of targets and consequences when dates are missed)
• Secure workflow: Monitor and maintain a secure workflow through work in progress DAMs ensuring proper best practices protocols are being followed internally and by external vendors
• Budget: Maintain A/V budget categories for all films. This includes managing invoices and bills processing, allocating to line items as appropriate
• Vendor Relationship Management: maintain relationship with incumbent vendors, but keep eyes out for additional or replacement vendors on the horizon so that Lionsgate is always able to take advantage of best in class services and products
• Territory specific workflow – when practical and important to the campaign, version print and a/v for specific territories under the guidance of Int'l strategy team
• DAM maintenance and management – as this position has the largest reliance on DAM platforms, this role should work closely with and coordinate workflow in concert with the asset management team to ensure the DAM's overall health and well being
• Testing: Oversee the delivery and coordination of assets for the testing workflow
• Feature Elements: Document location of feature, marketing deadlines, and delivery dates and materials for departmental dissemination
• Special Content: Coordinate and oversee the production of reels and content for specialty events (CinemaCon, CineEurope, Cannes, Berlin, Distribution meetings, etc.)
• Finish: attend DI/Mix as necessary to support A/V production team
• Communication: Ensure A/V team keeps in constant contact with the Creative Advertising group making sure they are fully informed and aware of all finishing and production efforts
Qualifications & Skills
• Strong written and verbal communication, organizational, interpersonal, and analytical skills
• Detail-oriented, good follow through, ability to multi-task, and work well under tight deadlines
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while following department protocol
• 8-10 years' experience ideally in Film / TV / Communications / Business / Advertising / Marketing
• Technically savvy
• Strong analytical and mathematical abilities
• Strong understanding of print and a/v finishing and versioning process
• Strong proficiency in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyxmjq-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.