Sr. Analyst, International Royalties
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Reporting to SVP, Global Sales Planning and Strategy, as a Director, Content Valuation and Analysis you will focus on library valuations, extensions, acquisitions and buyouts. You will work alongside key Global Sales Strategy Executives and Sales Leaders to identify, evaluate, negotiate and conduct due-diligence on different Motion Picture and Television Series libraries valuation initiatives. You will also work with Sales, Sales Planning, Motion Pictures Deal Analysis, FP&A, Business Affairs, Participation and Residuals, Legal, Accounting and Finance teams to streamline processes and information flow. The ideal candidate is an analytical and resourceful strategic thinker with high attention to detail.
• Identify and evaluate individual title and library extensions, acquisitions, buyouts and partnership opportunities through distribution deals
• Evaluate proposals, prepares financial scenarios and develop a point of view. Collaborate with Motion Pictures Deal Analysis team to develop greenlight models to analyze economics of distribution deals, acquisitions, library extensions and buyouts
• Track post acquisition performance and provide periodic reporting to Senior Leadership
• Participate in all aspects of negotiation and due-diligence (initial discussions, financial evaluations, contract drafting, amendments etc.)
• Help build and maintain global library forecasting models across media including Digital, SVOD, AVOD, Pay TV and Free TV/Basic Cable
• Special projects and ad hoc analysis as requested such as output deals evaluations, competitive analysis and market research
Qualifications & Skills
• BA/BS required, MBA preferred but not required
• 5-7 years of experience in library analysis, content valuations and acquisitions
• Prior television, studio, investment banking, management consulting or media-focused technology experience preferred
• Must be highly motivated with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-pasted environment
• Must have interest in Movies and Television of various genres
• Ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo4o4-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.