Analyst, Worldwide Television
Santa Monica, CA
Director, Content Analysis (MPG)
Summary of Position
The Director of Content Analysis on the Business Strategy & Planning team will play a critical role in how Motion Picture Group (MPG) executives interpret financial analyses to make decisions on content and distribution, active deal negotiations, and overall MPG strategy to ensure LIONSGATE’s growth in a quickly evolving media landscape.
This role will work alongside the newly re-organized teams within the Strategy & Innovation vertical as well as across verticals with Content, Global Sales & Distribution, and Global Marketing teams. This is a highly visible, cross-functional role with touch points across the company and a front row seat to the development of new business strategies with an eye to shape, guide, and execute on the Motion Picture Group’s vision.
As the Motion Picture business evolves, this is an extremely exciting opportunity to create value and develop new ways of doing business inside the industry’s largest independent motion picture studio.
We are looking for someone who excels at high-level, critical and analytical thinking with an ability to present information and economic profiles for not only film, but also new opportunities and avenues of storytelling and content creation. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to disrupt the status quo and find new ways to grow our business and deliver content to global audiences.
• Develop P&Ls and related financial analyses for films, gaming, live/stage shows, and more from inception, to greenlight, to release, to post-release.
• Model and analyze talent, distribution, and equity deals while working closely with executives from the core verticals throughout the process
• Evaluation of profit/loss, NPV, and IRR for individual projects and overall business units to ensure adherence to MPG Content Strategy and alignment to target financial KPIs
• Provide ad hoc financial modeling and analyses related to strategic projects across the company; e.g., M&A due diligence, Deal and Organizational structuring, and business development
• Work closely with Financial Planning & Analysis, especially during Quarterly Reset & Annual Plan
• Participate in the development and management of the business plan(s) of the MPG and individual sub-segments
• Create and maintain high-level reporting for the Chairman and COO of the MPG
Qualifications & Skills
• 5-8 years of relevant experience (Entertainment industry experience a plus)
• Must have outstanding Excel and financial modeling skills, and moderate proficiency in PowerPoint/Office (VBA and BPC experience is a plus)
• Detail oriented and exceptional organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and manage toward evolving deadlines
• Must possess strong leadership qualities to motivate and persuade others to accomplish organizational objectives in a unified and fluent manner
• Strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, and excellent time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• The successful candidate will have the aptitude to tackle multiple projects, problem solve, and efficiently execute deliverables and be expected to interact with and present to senior executives at all levels within the Motion Picture Group
• An interest in movies and entertainment is a plus
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate’s motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster’s Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate’s Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, 11 holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Reimbursement – Rideshare Program and Tuition (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.