Director, Brand Marketing
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position:
The Director, Brand Marketing is a dynamic thought-leader energized by ambitious, creative ideas. In this role, you’ll drive the ideation of high-profile, innovative and culturally impactful creative concepts that align with overall brand strategies, driving engagement with new and existing subscribers, elevating the STARZ brand.
• Build marketing strategies to communicate STARZ positioning and drive brand awareness and subscriber growth, across on and off-channel tactics, leveraging original series premieres/finales and other tentpole events
• Heavy involvement with our new brand initiative to serve women and underrepresented voices in front and behind the camera.
• Work closely with key internal teams, including Originals Marketing, Research, Media, PR, Programming, Distribution, Digital Marketing, etc. on execution of marketing plans to meet goals
• Lead development and execution of disruptive, brand-defining creative across all consumer touchpoints including AV, print/outdoor, digital and experiential, working with external agencies and internal creative services team
• Deliver brand AV spots regularly to meet ongoing promotional needs, including annual campaigns, quarterly image spots, spots for Partnership Marketing media buys, sales sizzles and special initiatives throughout the year (i.e., Black History Month), meeting key deadlines
• Act as a steward of the STARZ brand, reinforcing brand voice and tone, and defining and evolving brand guidelines, to facilitate brand consistency throughout the organization
• Lead cross-functional meetings to communicate brand plans and timelines and address all team needs
• Manage consumer activations strategy and execution for STARZ brand, building experiences that engage core consumers (i.e., Essence Fest, ComiCon, etc.), working closely with Originals Marketing leads and outside agencies
Experience & Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or similar discipline preferred; 8+ years of brand marketing experience
• Television/branded content studio/entertainment industry experience preferred
• Experience working with internal creative teams and external agencies. Comfortable giving feedback on all types of creative
• Strong leadership and management skills. Experience managing direct reports
• Must be a team player, collaborative, proactive and flexible
• Strong attention to detail to ensure that all delivered assets conform to brand and company standards
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to work across departments
• Self-directed, efficient and able to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a professional and confident manner under tight deadlines
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.