Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
Lionsgate is currently seeking a Coordinator, Acquisitions to support the dynamic team responsible for negotiating international TV series acquisitions, co-productions, and extensions. This role reports directly to the Director, Acquisitions & Content Strategy, and is a member of the International Television & Digital Distribution team.
• Read scripts and provide coverage
• Maintain submission log of all incoming opportunities
• Closely track all active and current television projects
• Maintain the TV Acquisitions BOX folder
• Organize creative materials, financials, agreements
• Maintain archive of projects passed on
• Generate materials for internally pitching acquisition opportunities to senior leadership
• Generate preliminary financial analyses of acquisition opportunities
• Liaise with marketing and operations regarding delivery of materials
• Work with sales planning to generate sales reports to send to and discuss with our production partners
• Negotiate library series acquisitions and extensions
Qualifications and Skills
• Background in and/or thorough understanding of TV distribution/sales
• Experience writing script coverage and giving notes on scripts and other creative materials
• Comfort reading, summarizing, and analyzing both legal and financial documents
Nice to Haves
• Self-starter who's organized, eager to learn, and highly motivated
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Proficiency in a language other than English
• Background in finance and/or legal
• Avid fan of international television series
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company's film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm8obv-3-238-98-39-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.