Summary of Position
The Coordinator, Business & Legal Affairs position requires a talented individual who will handle a variety of legal and administrative duties in support of daily operations for the Business & Legal Affairs and the Corporate Legal teams.
• Answer phones, rolling calls, scheduling meetings, and conference calls
• Assist in managing the trademark and copyright portfolios for the company and its subsidiaries, including corresponding with outside counsel on maintenance and enforcement issues, conducting in-house trademark clearance searches, and collecting information for trademark renewals and registrations
• Maintaining the department legal files, proactively updating calendars and project tracking reports
• Legal research, analysis, memo drafting and lending general support to business and legal affairs department
• Drafting other legal correspondence (e.g., letters and notices to external parties, NDAs) and agreement summaries
• Drafting and incorporating comments into agreements in connection with ancillary rights exploitations and intellectual property, including license agreements for global live, interactive and location based entertainment and merchandising
• Review various rights and talent agreements related to motion pictures and television programs
• Conduct legal clearance review of creative materials for ancillary exploitations and the marketing of said exploitations
Qualifications & Skills
• JD degree and admitted to practice law in the State of California (or pending bar examination results)
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines and capable of working with confidential legal information (legal experience preferred)
• Possess excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat)
• Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7wqn-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.