Summary of Position
Lionsgate is currently searching for an assistant to support the VP, Television. This role will be responsible for managing a wide range of administrative duties. The ideal candidate must able to work independently, as well as with others, and must be diplomatic, exceedingly well organized, and flexible and enjoy the challenges of supporting a busy executive.
• Rolling a high volume of calls and setting meetings
• Taking notes during calls and distributing script materials
• Maintaining a busy schedule and generating/updating memos
• Must be a professional, courteous and strong liaison between the studio and the offices of producers, agents and internal executives
• Handle department projects and coordination duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
• 1 year of assistant experience at a Talent Agency or Management Company and a strong background in TV development, lit, programming or production are strongly preferred
• Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from a four-year college or university or equivalent experience preferred
• Candidate should have strong interest in TV Development and have the ability to multi-task in a sometimes-stressful environment
• Must possess strong communication, organizational, and administrative skills
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Should have a passion for entertainment and the desire for a career in TV
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company's film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Lionsgate Television is one of the foremost third-party suppliers of premium scripted series to streaming, broadcast and cable platforms alike while also serving as a prolific supplier of premium content to Starz. Drawing upon its production partnerships with many of the top content creators, it supplies dozens of scripted series to more than 20 different network partners. With a reputation for creating ''brand-defining'' shows for a diverse range of platforms, Lionsgate Television has produced and distributed the iconic long-running series Mad Men, one of the most acclaimed shows in television history, the ground-breaking Orange is the New Black, Weeds, Nurse Jackie, Nashville, Dear White People and many others while continuing to develop strong slates of acclaimed new series. Lionsgate also operates a robust in-house unscripted television business partnering with a diverse array of linear and streaming platforms. Lionsgate television series have garnered 238 Emmy® nominations, 38 Emmys®, 66 Golden Globe® nominations and nine Golden Globe® wins.
The Lionsgate Television Group collaborates closely with the Company's other television businesses, including Debmar-Mercury, a leading producer and syndicator of evergreen game and talk shows, Pilgrim Media, one of the top producers of unscripted series, and 3 Arts Entertainment, a leading talent management and production company that has become a major television production partner and a source of top talent for all of the Company's businesses. The Lionsgate Worldwide Television Distribution Group licenses the Company's feature film and television slates, 17,000-title film and television library, one of the largest in the world, and Starz's original programming slate to nearly every major OTT and linear platform through a global network of deep customer relationships.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjwp22-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.