Summary of Position:
The Assistant, Production & Development will support the Executive Vice President of Production & Development for the Motion Picture Group. This position requires a confident, self-starting individual who will handle a variety of administrative duties in support of the daily operations in feature production and development.
• Maintain calendar and scheduling
• Manage and prioritize project tasks
• Answering and rolling calls as needed
• Liaise with filmmakers and talent on Lionsgate related projects and general business
• Participate in weekend read meetings as well as read and track material
• Compile, review, and maintain pitch grids and creative submissions
• Complete and submit expense reports
• Coordinate travel arrangements including detailed itineraries
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to anticipate the needs and priorities of the Executive Vice President, as well as, the needs of internal projects and submissions
• Resourceful in finding solutions to problems
• Working knowledge of players in the industry
• Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented setting
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Clear, concise, and professional communicator, both internally and externally
• Ability to constantly multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Driven and passionate about film with a strong interest in film development
• At least one year of agency/studio/network experience preferred
• A college degree is a plus
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8173m-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.